Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Arcticom, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Compensation Analyst for the U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Employment (GTM/OE) for a contractor to provide in-depth compensation and benefit analysis for a minimum of 15 U.S. Missions abroad.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- During the annual compensation review cycle, analyzes vendor data to propose LE Staff compensation and benefit adjustments. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of analytical techniques consistent with CM guidelines. Documents each review using approved templates and tracking tools. Provides well-researched supporting statements for final recommendations, demonstrating analytical thinking and an understanding of post needs. Completes assigned reviews within the established cycle timeline.
- In response to post or bureau inquiries, evaluates survey data, local law, and legal opinions to address LCP revisions. Develops a written summary of analysis in a thorough yet concise manner with appropriate supporting data. Uses CM templates and applies CM guidelines, demonstrating a comprehensive interpretation of compensation and benefits policy and DOS regulations. Summaries are created and updated in a timely manner for all inquiries. Final recommendations illustrate the ability to think strategically, taking mission needs and Department goals into consideration. Meets CM service standards when responding to and completing inquiries.
- Conducts or participates in consultations and briefings, preparing accurate briefing notes and completing taskers within the stated timeline using the appropriate template. Provides an initial response/acknowledgment to OE Helps inquiries within 5 business days. Follows through on assigned inquiries and updates the system to reflect the appropriate inquiry status in a timely manner.
- Develop final documented analysis of salary schedules, allowance, and benefit plans for inclusion into Local Compensation Plans at approximately 15 Missions abroad.
- Draft and clear with Management (and other parties) change to Local Compensation Plans for approximately 15 Missions abroad.
- Maintain thorough electronic files about all work completed in HR/OE using HR/OE's data storage guidelines and labeling conventions.
- Efficiently, accurately, and independently respond to routine to complex compensation and benefits questions from a variety of individuals at varying levels of the State Department and other Foreign Affairs agencies via email, written reports, conference calls, or in-person meetings.
- Contractor personnel may be required to travel to posts to evaluate compensation processes.
- In-depth knowledge of and skill in using Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, and Excel with advanced spreadsheet functions.
- In-depth knowledge of and skill in applying mathematical, analytical, and quantitative methods.
- Ability to work independently within broad goal setting set by supervisor.
- Must have excellent, proven independent and discretionarjudgmentnt.
- In-depth knowledge and skill in using Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, and Excel with advanced spreadsheet functions.
- In-depth knowledge and skill in applying mathematical, analytical, and quantitative methods.
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- General knowledge of the State Department environment
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunities to move about.COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding the Department of Transportation's "safety-sensitive" functions.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
- No supervisory responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access to military installations.Shareholder Preference.
BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training, and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
This job has expired.