This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite every other week.
At General Motors, we are building on our momentum and are changing the way we do things. As we move towards our ZERO ZERO ZERO vision for the future, we are looking to add hardworking individuals to our team!
The Component Validation Engineer (CVE) role in the Global Validation Powertrain and Electrification team is an excellent opportunity to work on every aspect of powertrain! We have opportunities in both engine and transmission/drive units. You will have exposure to a variety of groundbreaking technology in either new engine technologies such as electric phasers and variable compression ratio or transmission/drive unit gears, pumps, and valve bodies. You will own your work and be responsible for test plans and execution with accountability for all component level validation. Many of our components involve a level of hands-on work in our Pontiac laboratory. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to grow technically by learning about accelerated testing, customer usage, and reliability. The role also provides opportunities to expand your personal network as it requires interfacing with supplier quality, product design, VDDV, software/calibration, testing laboratories as well as other groups within Global Validation.
We believe work-life balance is critical to a team member's success and job satisfaction. This position allows some work flexibility to ensure our diverse team can achieve great work-life balance!
This position provides opportunities for the candidate to learn and grow in these areas:
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Project planning, coordination, execution and tracking at a component level scale
- Technical understanding at system, subsystem, and component levels
- Validation processes and methodologies (physical and virtual)
- Understanding GM's virtual capabilities and applying them to our validation methods and plans
- Understanding of both the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) and Global Propulsion Development Process (GPDP)
- Significant expansion of personal network- within propulsion and across SMT's
- Creation and presentation of communications at the executive level
- Understanding of propulsion laboratory operations and product program budget process
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications
- Single point validation contact for the SMT release Product Management Team (PMT)
- Has technical understanding of component level validation and requirements, as well as relationship to subsystem and system level hardware
- Develop, plan, and drive execution of program-specific validation plans
- Track component validation status & sign-off to meet validation deliverables
- Participate in post-test teardown and DRBTR for supplier and GM Internal testing
- Ensure proper project reporting, review, closure, documentation, and archival including capturing all lessons learned and appropriate updates to FMEA and Validation planning templates (VCRI).
- Partner with Validation technical specialists, SMT design release and Virtual Design, Development and Validation team to contribute to the implementation of the 100% virtual engineering methods by 2025 vision
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience outside of internships and co-ops
- Solid understanding of Design for Reliability principles (accelerated testing, DFMEA/DRBFM/DRBTR, Weibull analysis) as applied to powertrain and/or electrification components
- MSEE, MSCE (computer), or MSME
- 5+ years of professional experience outside of internships and co-ops
- Previous automotive hardware Analysis Development Validation experience
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer
- DFSS Black Belt certification
- Proven track record of developing innovative solutions to sophisticated automotive testing problems
- Familiar with laboratory operations and test equipment including engine/transmission dynamometers, load frames, power supplies, electrodynamic shakers, environmental chambers, test site controllers, continuous monitoring, fixture design/fabrication, test equipment/setups, and laboratory accreditation standards.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.