Manage, implement and monitor service standards for all University Concessions; develop and implement plans for marketing concessions; administer established policies and procedures to ensure efficient and profitable operations; provide merchandising, expense and loss control, sales and profits, budget planning, facility planning and supervision.
- Manage and coordinate all operations and merchandising activities of University Concessions to include administering plans for product mix, pricing structures, delivery services, purchasing, marketing, and product display; maintain cash receipts and records and prepare pertinent financial reports.
- Handles acquisition of inventory including processing purchase orders, receiving, storage and distribution of all food and supplies to multi-site concession areas.
- Develop and maintain contractual agreements with vendors and concessionaires to ensure compliance with University policy and procedures.
- Recommend procurement of equipment and facilities instrumental to the performance of operations; coordinate all matters related to receiving records, invoices, transfers, shortage and damage reports and purchase orders; supervise periodic physical inventories.
- Evaluate proposed policies and procedures and make recommendations for increased savings and cost reductions.
- Maintain and administer standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, safety, dress, alcohol control, security, and employee/volunteer hygiene in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations, and University policies and procedures.
- Oversees the organization of goods and labor for each event, including delegating operational assignments to all regular, non-profit, and offsite food contactors for event preparation, event operations, and event closing.
- Develops and maintains relationships with non-profit and vendors organizations to staff University events, including planning and executing volunteer recruitment activities, meetings and provides special instruction and orientation for volunteers, as appropriate
- Schedules, trains and supervises appr 30-50 volunteers each event in proper setup of stand, food handling and preparation, equipment usage, and University policy and procedures during events.
- Manage staff and students including, but not limited to, hiring, disciplinary actions, grievances, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
Serve as relief operations manager in other operations in Dining Services. Represent the University and Dining Services at athletic meeting and in public.
- Counts cash and consolidates sales receipts/forms to create deposits at each event; reconciles bank and safe records. Obtains funds and transports deposits between event locations.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Handles customer services needs and complaints; addresses and documents issues/incidents.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Environment: Equal portions of work inside and outside of buildings throughout the year
- Exposure Encountered: Hazardous chemicals, loud noise, extreme heat and cold at times.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Standing and walking for extended periods of time, shifts to exceed 8 hours, ability to lift 50 lbs, ability to rotate stock in dry storage, refrigeration, and freezer units.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- General knowledge of concessions food and labor costs.
- Thorough knowledge of reading, writing, and mathematic skills.
- Thorough knowledge in customer service skills.
- Position requires friendly, pleasant disposition, positive attitude, must enjoy working with people, and be willing to enforce policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain excellent attendance and have flexibility in shifts worked.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be responsible for problem solving and show ability to multi-task.
- Position requires attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Serve Safe certification or ability to take and pass course when offered.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in food service management or related field or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- 3 years' experience in management of a large scale concessions venue, serving food is preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Schedule varies, follows athletics events calendar.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; this includes nights and weekends.
- This position is designated as essential personnel and is subject to work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency basis and is also subject to planned overtime work as required by the immediate supervisor.
Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $46,114.00 to $61,110.00 annually) ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.