Job ID: 320519
Four Corners Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Summary: Drives and operates one or more pieces of equipment to perform specified activity by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates and maintains a bulldozer, scraper, excavator and other earth moving equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Scrapes, digs and moves earth and other organic materials so that the mining of aggregates can be done in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Assists in the construction of roads, dikes, and other projects that make the mining site a safer place to work.
- Inspect and lubricate equipment from a checklist at the start of each workday, completing the Operator Check off Sheet, which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Perform routine maintenance on the equipment as needed.
- Accountability: Is continually focused on accepting responsibility for meeting commitments, achieving optimum results, and ownership for the outcomes from actions and decisions.
- Adaptability: Personal willingness and ability to effectively work in, and adapt to changes in circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, people, environments and conditions.
- Communication: Clearly conveys and receives messages at an appropriate level and format.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and/or external customers.
- Integrity: Through words and actions, creates an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Communicating and acting honestly and ethically.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and productively in groups and teams to create positive relationships which maximize performance results.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Four Corners Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Durango Nearest Secondary Market:
Colorado Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.