Braun Intertec is seeking Experienced Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technicians to join our Gonzales, LA office. As a technician, you will perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt. Onsite materials testing is conducted on various industrial, commercial and transportation construction projects located throughout the region.
The chosen candidate(s) will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of ability. This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of exciting projects.
Candidates should be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions and be able to lift 75+ pounds. The chosen candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, this position may be working at or on uneven terrain, varying heights, in confined spaces, or supported trenches.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Perform routine & complex sampling and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, and asphalt
- Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength
- Perform field density tests of soils
- Prepare daily reports and documentation of field activities in electronic format
- Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed
- Assist with training & mentoring of junior staff, as needed
All candidates must have:
- A strong safety focus and attention to detail
- Excellent plan reading skills
- A demonstrated math and technical aptitude
- Flexibility to work extended or nontraditional hours as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- State DOT certifications, ICC, and/or NICET certifications
- 2+ years of construction materials testing experience
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record for the last 3 years
- The ability to lift 75+ pounds
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Certification
Check out this video to see what life is like as a CMT: https://youtu.be/PRMzbYyPJ3M
At Braun Intertec, we are a Drug-Free Workplace and require all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
At Braun Intertec, employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.