Construction National Superintendent
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Detroit, MI
Reporting To: Shane Carey
Compensation: $60,000 - $80,000 / year
Cotton Holdings, Inc., is a diversified holding company with subsidiaries that provide property restoration and recovery, construction, roofing, logistical support, temporary workforce housing, and culinary services to public and private entities worldwide. Cotton combines this diverse suite of services with top talent, innovative technology, and a large inventory of company-owned assets, to offer clients a total solutions package in support of disaster events and large development projects, including complex work environments.
The superintendent will provide direction and coordination of a project. This includes all aspects of the project to include performance, administration, documentation, safety, and customer contact.
II. Major Responsibilities
Position requirements and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
III. Background Requirements
- Communicate with operations daily on a project to ensure projects are running smoothly
- Keep customers and insurance adjusters up to date on all project activities.
- Adhere to all company protocol, project and safety policies, accounting procedures, etc.
- Also, responsible to ensure that the service quality is at the company's highest standard
- Setting budget on a project to ensure profitability
- Perform work within a given budget or communicate job from beginning to end
- Project Buy-Outs
- Set draw schedule w/Subs & Vendors, pull permits, initiate and follow through to ensure all necessary paperwork is in the project file
- Develop a Site Safety Plan to communicate and have followed by Field Supervisor and labor
- Budgeting project to ensure profitability
- Keep client and adjuster informed to promote good customer service
- Ensure job files have proper-signed contracts and required forms depending on the type of job
- Process files on a timely basis to ensure accurate processing by the accounting department
- Complete/draft Project Management Reviews daily for job file
- Conduct Safety Toolbox meetings
- Participate in safety investigations to minimize risk
- Provide feedback (positive or negative) to Operation and Production Managers regarding individual jobs as needed
- Keep an open line of communication and constant networking with the adjuster, the insurance community, and any target business assigned
- Maintain the highest of integrity to ensure the Cotton image is viewed in the most positive manner
- Hiring of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Direction of daily activities on construction projects
- Meeting the needs and request of the client and adjuster
- Conflict resolution with customers
- Performance of operation staff and change of scope
- Understanding of workflow procedures and systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Construction project knowledge preferred
- OSHA 10 or 30-hour a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of workflow procedures and systems
- Knowledge of the insurance industry a plus
- Microsoft Office applications
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Good driving record
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age and have a minimum of three (3) years of verifiable driving experience.
- No more than 2 moving violation in the past 3 years
- No repeat seat belt violations
- No high-speed moving violations in the past 3 years
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally as business needs arise REQUIRED
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact HR department (877) 511-2962#commercialAbout Cotton Commercial USA, INC.
Founded in 1996, Cotton Holdings Inc. is a leading infrastructure support services company with subsidiaries that conduct business under the Cotton USA, Cotton International, Cotton Roofing, Cotton Logistics, Cotton Culinary, OneLodge, OneTeam, Stellar Commercial Roofing, Full Circle Restoration, Target Restoration, and Advanced Catastrophe Technologies, Inc. brands. Headquartered in Katy, Texas with an International Logistics Center and regional offices throughout North America, Cotton provides property restoration and recovery, construction, roofing, consulting, workforce staffing, temporary housing and culinary services to public and private entities worldwide.
This job has expired.