There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As the complexity and importance of controls in our vehicle programs grows, the Controls System Manager will be key to the successful execution of the vehicle controls plan. This plan spans the full GVDP timeline, from the early planning and ideation phase, all the way through to the launch of the vehicle in production, and beyond. We are seeking proactive, high energy LEADERS who want to be part of this transformation in GM's history.
As the Controls System Manager, you will be a member of the vehicle program team and be the voice of controls to the program team. Controls Systems Managers are expected to drive the organization forward by working cross functionally with teams from systems safety, controls release engineers, the software integration organization, validation, quality, CX and more! This opportunity gives candidates an opportunity to be a part of an exciting area of our business.
Controls Systems Managers should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, engaging and working with program leadership and SMT leadership, and able to lead an indirect team.
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements
- Single point of contact for vehicle controls systems, including communications with program teams and SMT leadership
- Have a complete understanding of the vehicle controls systems, all features and module interactions to help address system level issues
- Create and lead execution of Controls Development Plan (CDP)
- Develop and lead the execution of the overall vehicle controls plan for a specific vehicle program
- Chairs Vehicle Controls Integration Team (VCIT) to bring all the pertinent software stakeholders to a single forum (LDE, VSE, VSIE, PT, DREs, PEs, durability, safety, etc)
- Identify issues with progress of advanced development activities (vehicles, benches, simulations, etc.) that will impact program deliverables
- Lead execution of the Vehicle Software Configuration Management (VeSCoM) software releases
- Create and administer VeSCoM event Folder in SPR, request and track folder population of data files and 3PD sheets
- Ensure complete VeSCoM package is posted, locked down, and send communication to team indicating completion and safety level
- Lead program change control process for all vehicle controls systems
- Prepare vehicle usage needs for controls team for GVBR
- Participate in vehicle build events and Buy Off Rides as required
- Provide direction to program Controls Integration Engineers (CIE)
- Adhere to all safety precautions and requirements, and treat safety as the top priority during all work activities
- BS in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 2+ years of software/controls experience
- Strong program management experience
- Strong understanding of major automotive systems and subsystems
- Understanding of verification and validation processes
- Proactive / results driven individual with high levels of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments independently with a high accountability for results
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business associates
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Demonstrated self-starter who will flourish in dynamic and fun team work environment preferred
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (eg. EPS, Infotainment, Active Safety, CyberSecurity, AUTOSAR, Electrification Controls)
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.