Cook - Samaritan Hospital- Full-Time- Rotating Shift
If you are looking for a Per Diem Cook position, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
What you will do:
Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Positions and shifts to accommodate all schedules
- Create and prepare food items and act as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service is being delivered.
What you will need:
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Manages other employees in the kitchen
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the restaurant atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Stays open until the last customer leaves
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service
- Alters dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients
- Basic Computational Skills, Organizational Skills, Verbal Communication, Culinary Arts, Kitchen Equipment Knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills, Culinary Arts Training
all new employees are required to undergo and pass all applicable state and federally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
We thank you for your interest in St. Peter's Health Partners and look forward to hearing from you soon!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Relevant Background Checks
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required/ Must be Fully Vaccinated. Masks are Required.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.