Corporate Coding Specialist
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Assures corporate coding is completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with third party carrier, compliance for and regulatory agency guidelines; retrieves information related to the submission of claim payments services provided from organization physicians, administrators, nursing, and other organization staff.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associate's degree in Health Information Management and certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); or
2. Associate's degree and certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC); or
3. Currently enrolled in an accredited Health Information Management program with at least 45 credit hours towards an Associate's degree and the equivalent of six (6) months of related experience2; or
4. High School diploma or High School Equivalency diploma and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time related experience and certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
1. Incumbents must obtain certification as a RHIT or CPC within the one (1) year probationary period for this position as a condition of continued employment.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com .