Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Contracts Counsel, Legal, will assist in establishing a new contracts management department within Invenergy's legal department that is responsible for reviewing, negotiating and processing a variety of commercial contracts used in Invenergy's business. The Contracts Counsel will assist in updating and improving contract review processes among departments. The position will also require that the Contracts Counsel provide training and communicate with non-legal departments regarding contract processes. The Contracts Counsel will also work with the legal department to update and improve a form contracts database. Once the contracts management department is established, the Contracts Counsel will be primarily responsible for managing the department and will be responsible for direct reports in the near future.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of standard commercial contracts, including confidentiality agreements, consulting contracts, services contracts, supply and vendor agreements, sale agreements and various other commercial arrangements, in each case in a manner that is consistent with company risk parameters and precedent.
- Organize, update and manage library of contract forms.
- Work with legal department to create additional efficiency in contract review systems and processes.
- Communicate with non-legal departments (e.g., asset management, project management, procurement, environmental, transmission, insurance, treasury, information technology) within Invenergy to provide training and materials regarding contract review processes and incorporate feedback from such departments.
- Develop internal team processes to manage workload and deliverables.
- Support the growth and development of the Contract Management (legal) team and potentially train new hires in connection therewith.
- JD degree
- 3-5 years of experience within a law firm or as an in-house counsel or contract manager.
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of commercial agreements
- Able to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relay complex concepts to members of management
- Experience with project coordination and management of projects with multiple levels of interface between vendors, internal staff, and other stakeholders preferred
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
This job has expired.