Part-time 24 hours
Performs computerized tomography procedures for the evaluation of pathological entities as prescribed by a physician. Assumes responsibility and maintains the general care and safety of patients during diagnostic procedures.
What you will need as a CT Tech:
What you will do as a CT Tech:
- Must be a graduate of a formal program in Radiology Technology in an JRCERT approved school.
- Must be registered and in good standings with American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
- Current Advanced certification in Computerized Tomography or must complete Advance registry within on year of the hire date.
- ARRT and CT certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- ARRT certification with two years as a registered technologist.
- Preferred 1 year experience in CT.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Completes all necessary work sheets, patient records and documentation. Processes scans and related functions as needed.
- Assists Radiologist in performing complex sterile diagnostic procedures such as biopies.
- Administers intravenous contrast media to include utilization of power injectors. Monitors patient for possible reactions as appropriate to the study and provides immediate care to patient if a reaction should occur.
- Perform a wide range of computerized tomography procedures. Operation of CT equipment, power injectors, PACS, RIS system and processing of films.
- Assist physician in performing procedures in the procedure room.
- Maintain professional and ethical relationships with all customers, as necessary to preserve optimal quality of care.
- Provide on call coverage as needed in the Computerized Tomography area.
- Perform general nursing duties consistent with meeting the needs of the patient if needed.
- Perform clerical duties related to patient chart documentation, radiology files, billing and procession of images into PACS and conventional filming.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, determines that appropriate charges have been entered for the correct patient, encounter, date/time of service, with any required modifiers. Make corrections as needed per charge capture policy/practice.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, actively participates in on-going education and communication regarding revenue management.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, assists with tracking and monitoring of equipment assigned to the unit. Requests services for maintaining equipment as needed.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient with the electronic health records for documentation, assessment, and care management, performing these activities concurrently with provision of care throughout the shift.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.