About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Custodial Manager (F) Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph required
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is currently soliciting applicants for a upcoming new business opportunity in the Washington Metropolitan area. All applicants must hold a current TS-SCI w\ full scope polygraph clearance.
EMCOR is preparing to respond to a government RFP for the facilities operations of a secure government facility. EMCOR Government Services (EGS) is recruiting for the role of Custodial Manager for this procurement. If awarded the Contract, this position will provide direction and oversight to site-based senior management and operations staff. Working through subordinate leaders, responsibilities include client interaction, financial planning and management, interaction on human resources management, operations improvement, and planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling assigned contract functions pertaining to site-based renovation, IDIQ and construction services.
******This position is contingent upon contract award*****
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: General duties and responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Supervising crew leaders and janitorial site-based staff to ensure work is completed according to contractual scope, quality specifications and safety standards. This position will perform crew lead responsibilities (day or evening shift), if needed due to absences.
- Effectively controls costs as established by the annual budget and cost model.
- Responsible for working with the EGS Procurement Group for sourcing materials and supplies to ensure best price and budget compliance.
- Submits requests to purchase and replace equipment when necessary.
- Ensures that all required reports are timely, accurate and complete.
- Informs the Project Manager in a timely manner of any issues or concerns, including progress or any deviations from the established projects, goals or policies.
- Addresses, solves, or escalates client concerns as appropriate.
- Manages employee scheduling, which includes time off, tardiness, absences, etc. and approves time sheets.
- Maintains routine contact with direct reports to ensure a productive flow of two-way communication on issues and concerns.
- Ensures crews are properly trained for assigned jobs to ensure quality of service and proper certification.
- Recruits qualified potential employees and works with HR Department to post and advertise jobs, Acts as Hiring Manager for crew leaders and teams, ensure proper new hire paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for recommending and executing programs to improve employee retention.
- Documents and appraises performance of crew leaders and janitorial crews, taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Regularly performs safety training and maintains records to the crew level.
- Ensures work is performed to specification via routine inspection and reporting process.
- Responsible for the overall safety of all personnel under their supervision. Works to promote a positive safety culture in the workplace through personal example and by requiring full compliance of all safety policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate and supervise the selection, assignment, training and retention of staff.
- Must have an active TS-SCI w\Full-scope clearance
- Must have high school, vocational school, or trade school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 6 years' relevant experience in facilities management or custodial related work in Government or large commercial janitorial operations
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Strong proficiency in Outlook and MS Office Suite, to include Word and Excel.
- Must have at least 2 years of verifiable supervisory experience
- Valid driver's license and able to meet the company fleet safety requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and customer service focus
- Must be able to multi-task
- Availability to be on call as necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.