The Contact Center Representative (CCR) is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Contact Center Department. The CCR will assist customers via phone, email, or live chat regarding new account set up, billing inquiries, services, general information and more while adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Professionally and clearly communicate with customers via phone, email, or live chat to address inquiries in a timely and accurate manner across all lines of business.
- Engage with customers in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns. Calmly attempt to diffuse customer frustrations and de-escalate any problems.
- Serve as a customer advocate by thoroughly investigating issues and providing solutions by engaging the correct department for assistance in accordance with Company service standards and procedures.
- Utilize persuasive and retention skills to turn cancel service requests into saved opportunities by identifying customer needs.
- Maintain knowledge and educate customers on active products, services options, charges, billing, etc.
- Proactively quote pricing and sell residential subscription accounts when appropriate.
- Accurately record customer information and call notes in customer service database.
- Utilize multiple applications simultaneously while delivering excellent customer service.
- Achieve daily and monthly key performance metrics, call and order entry productivity standards, and call quality performance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One (1) or more years of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information with internal and external customers.
- Strong customer service skills, effectively addressing and resolving escalated customer concerns with positive business impact.
- Ability to navigate through multiple applications and screens simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrating integrity, trust, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of working effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend reports and associated documents.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach and lift in an office environment.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers, kneel, talk, hear, climb and balance.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to manually lift/move up to 10 pounds.
- Operates in an office environment within the landfill, transfer station, recycling center, or hauling site.
- Exposure to outdoor elements, unpleasant odors, exposure to fumes, dust, or uneven ground.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.