The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR').
NASCAR seeks to add a high energy, creative, compassionate Human Resources Manager to its team to work out of the Daytona Beach, Florida office. The position will a ct as the business partner for employees and managers on human resources matters.
Preference will be given to applicants that have experience with Workday and Microsoft Office with heavy usage in Excel and PowerPoint to assist with data trending and reports. HR Generalist experience with knowledge of basic labor laws and regulations also a preference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Assess and anticipate client human resources-related needs
- Maintain awareness of morale and culture within client groups, suggest options to ensure positive and effective team environments
- Work with clients to understand development needs of staff and recommend options to advance skills
- P rovide counsel to management and employees on employee relations and performance management matters
- Provide input on organization structure and workforce support
- Collaborate with colleagues in the human resources department to ensure programs and processes are aligned and well communicated across client group
- Establish trust through transparent dealings, personable approach and maintaining confidentiality in all matters
- Be an ally for diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Support HR team on special projects, events, and implementation of programs
- Approximate travel: minimal, less than 5%
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, communications, or related field and/or 3-5+ years of experience in human resources, professional development, training, and/or employee relations. Other Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Organized with strong follow up and follow through skills. Compassionate. Sense of urgency. Strong listener. Consultative skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all matters. Open minded.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.