If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Physical Therapy is actively seeking a full-time Clinic Assistant. Under the direction of the Office Manager and outpatient supervisor, the clinic assistant has a dual role in which he/she provides a point of patient greeting and intake, and assists therapists in performing patient care duties. Primary tasks involve front office support of answering phone calls, scheduling patients and preparing daily logs and reports. Additionally, this person assists with treatment procedures as directed by therapists according to UHealth policies and procedures, and state guidelines. Other duties may include cleaning treatment areas, assisting with scheduling, filing, and assorted clerical duties.
- Provide courteous greeting and patient intake functions at front desk of outpatient therapy. Notify therapists within 3 minutes of patient's arrival.
- Perform reception duties as needed. Answer multiple phone lines per the UHealth Etiquette guidelines. Check phone messages and take thorough messages and deliver in a timely fashion to fellow staff.
- Assist in ordering office and clinic supplies.
- Assist in daily charge entry and visit entry.
- Assists with month end data tracking for billing functions.
- Assists the physical and occupational therapists with treatment procedures as directed.
- Communicate with nursing and physician staff as needed and directed by therapists.
- Assist in the maintenance of patient records.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and observe all HIPPA guidelines.
- Participate in quality and safety improvement activities.
- Correctly sets up, prepares and administers modalities for patient treatment as directed and supervised by therapists.
- Correctly and courteously positions patients for treatment as directed by therapists.
- Follows designated instructions on safety procedures and precautions when assisting with patient treatment.
- Verbally report significant information or changes in a patients' condition to the appropriate therapist immediately.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area in the clinic.
- Maintain appropriate equipment logs (ie, temperature for hydrocollator, freezer, etc.)
- Maintain appropriate water levels in the hydrocollator daily.
- Stock linen and prepare treatment areas between patients throughout the day.
- Clean treatment tables, mates, exercise equipment, etc. such that there is no accumulation of dust and dirt.
- Punctual attendance for all scheduled shifts. Requests for time off are made one month in advance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, some college preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with patients.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.