As a key member of the Bakery department, the Bakery Clerk assists our guests in choosing high quality pastries, breads, pies, and other various specialty items, including cookies and cakes. Bakery Clerks work in a fast paced, multitasked environment.
What you will do in a typical day:
- Guest Service is a priority! Greet guests, answer questions in a friendly manner, proactively assist guests with accurate and timely information, make product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Prioritizing department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Maintain knowledge of products throughout the store, weekly ad items and work across departments to provide and assist guests in finding products & complete meal solutions.
Working Condition & Physical Requirements
- Following and utilizing the department production tools and perform other duties and assignments as directed by management
- Baking, handling, slicing and preparing a variety of the department's bakery specialty breads, pastries and convenient meal solutions throughout the day per specific guest requests and to maintain quality product levels as indicated within TFM recipe/standards.
- Follow Quality and safety procedures by:
- Inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper rotation, cleaning, sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports
- Monitoring temperature of cases, spill overs, ovens and storage areas and report any failures to the Bakery Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Following all company guidelines and procedures to include but not limited to safety and sanitation and preparation while cleaning including disassembling, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment within the work area. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations
- Observing all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by store management.
- Wearing approved hat, hair net, nonslip shoes, and/or beard guard.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate team members on products. Implement and maintain regular sampling and engagement in the Bakery Department, including complementary products.
It's a bonus if you bring:
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, lifting, bending, reaching and exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his/her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-60 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 80 pounds occasionally
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, ladders, step stool and box cutters.
- Experience in the retail, restaurant, or hospitality industries
- Bakery and/or grocery store experience
- Cash handling experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.
This job has expired.