Data Governance Analyst
Remote within UT
As part of Cambia's Data Governance department, the Data Governance Consultant:
- Creates and maintains the company's Data Governance framework
- Consults with individuals and teams to apply Data Governance practices in an efficient, effective, consistent manner
- Supports Data Stewardship activities at the enterprise level
This work enables Cambia to build and maintain a trustworthy data environment that creates business value and compliance with regulation.General Functions and Outcomes
- Create and maintain policies, standards, and processes related to Cambia's Data Governance pillars, ensuring they remain aligned with business processes, internal policies, and external regulations
- Partner with Business SMEs and others to ensure Data Governance standards are integrated into work streams
Deliver training at different levels including:
Minimum RequirementsCompetencies and Knowledge:
- General training to Cambia staff so that they understand and adhere to Data Governance requirements
- Specific training to individuals so that they can carry out the activities of a role prescribed by Cambia's Data Governance organizational framework
- Serve as Data Governance liaison, working in collaboration with SMEs to document data quality requirements, manage metadata, and otherwise execute data governance framework
- Attend meetings as sole data governance representative, manage agendas and lead meetings with business professionals in assigned data domains and subject areas
- Identify and propose changes to the business, governance, and technical roles prescribed by Cambia's Data Governance organizational framework to reflect efficiency gains and ensure continued process, policy, and regulatory alignment
- Maintain roster of critical Data Governance roles and activate succession plan when required so that data stewardship practices remain active on an ongoing basis
- Provide centralized user assistance and support administrative functions for Data Governance tools
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Advanced demonstrated competency in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated competency in organizational agility. Establishes relationships at all levels of the organization; influences decision-making; frames dialogues; and manages conflicts. Strong leadership skills.
- Highly developed business sense (finance, accounting, economics, and risk management, healthcare).
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in using high-level consultative skills in eliciting, managing, and meeting client needs, influencing client decisions, and driving results.
- Presentation experience to all levels of management.
- Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated success with project management.
- Working knowledge of the data governance and information management disciplines (including data stewardship, data quality, metadata management, master data management, information lifecycle management, security and privacy) and one or more business subject areas relevant to Cambia's goals (Consumer, Provider, Claims, etc.)
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio; familiarity with SharePoint.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction as well as be an active member of an Agile Team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of customers and partners.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective negotiation skills including the ability to influence without authority.
The Data Governance Consultant I would have a bachelor's degree in Information Services, Business or related field and 3+ years of experience in a data related field, with 2+ years of experience or demonstrated competency in business analysis, data governance (and associated disciplines), project management, and working in an Agile environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Work Environment
No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- May be required to work outside normal hours
The base pay annual salary range for this job is $76,000 - $123,500.
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off varying by role and tenure in addition to 10 company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities. for a complete list see our External Total Rewards page.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
This job has expired.