BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position requires proficiency in all aspects of database administration and design. This position will also work closely with development teams to provide high-quality business solutions and play an active role in projects from inception to delivery.
• 3+ years of DBA experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Strong understanding of database infrastructure, maintenance, administration, and design.
• Ability to complete root cause analysis on database-related issues.
• Ability to complete impact analysis on database-related issues.
• Database infrastructure installation.
• Ability to research new or alternative database technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments.
• Solid understanding of how to troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve database infrastructure.
• Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Responsible for maintenance and "bug fix" activities for existing database infrastructure and equipment.
• Undertake research into new or alternative technologies and make recommendations for upgrades or changes to the database infrastructure environment.
• Responsible for installation of new database infrastructure and equipment and monitoring its stability.
• Undertake thorough impact analysis of all assigned database infrastructure activities and understand the impact of work on database infrastructure systems and the business.
• Respond to issues and support calls in-line with relevant procedures, including security.
• Resolve performance issues with an emphasis on root cause identification.
• Perform tests of upgrades and new database infrastructure and equipment.
• Monitor database operations and support maintenance activities efficiently in order to ensure minimal issues and incidents.
• Install new or upgrade database infrastructure equipment.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.