Plant Engineering provides preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance to the buildings, equipment and grounds for Mercy Medical Center.
Under general supervision, the general maintenance mechanic is responsible for the general maintenance of the building and equipment. This includes the maintenance, repair and installation of various types of equipment.
SCOPE OF SERVICE:
The customer population served by Plant Engineering is any person accessing Mercy Medical Center's services and/or facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, patients, families, physicians, staff, visitors, vehicular traffic, and pedestrian traffic. Additionally, the customer population represents persons with varying degrees of permanent and/or temporary physical disabilities. The maintenance and design of the facilities must consider these needs and meet or exceed the same.
Full-time Days position with Benefits starting DAY ONE!!
Position Hours: Hours are Mon-Fri, 7a-3:30pm, with scheduled rotating weekends and holidays; and rotational after hours on call.
Plant Engineering provides preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance to the buildings, equipment and grounds for Mercy Medical Center. Under general supervision, the general maintenance mechanic is responsible for the general maintenance of the building and equipment. This includes the maintenance, repair and installation of various types of equipment.
High school graduate or GED required. Must be able to read and write English and perform basic mathematical calculations. Previous maintenance experience preferred. Driving is a requirement. A valid driver's license and proof of insurance must be maintained throughout employment.
Demonstrates general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. HealthStream, Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, GroupWise; internet/intranet; work order system; and building maintenance software such as Siemens Software.
1. Actively knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, including the Guiding Behaviors and Caring Model Principles, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health's Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
3. Possesses the technical skills necessary to repair and maintain various systems, components, or equipment.
4. Provides timely equipment repair on all assigned service calls.
5. Provides timely completion of all assigned Preventative Maintenance Work Orders (PM).
6. Provides accurate and timely documentation on all assigned work.
7. Provides quality work with minimal need for supervisor follow-up.
8. Exhibits a desire and willingness to develop skills pertinent to the GM mechanic function or other departmental functions.
9. Actively participates in department meetings, committees, and in-services.
10. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Maintain a professional, collaborative work environment so as to foster a positive public image for Mercy Medical Center.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information (i.e. HIPAA, Stark, etc.).
3. Must have good general mechanical skills.
4. Must have a working knowledge of electricity and plumbing skills. Be able to test a circuit to determine if it is live. Be able to tag and lock system out of service. Be able to solder copper pipe
5. Must be able to skillfully use all hand and power tools related to this line of work.
6. Must be able to read blueprints and schematics.
7. Must have analytical ability necessary to determine cause of and find solutions to equipment malfunctions.
8. Provide a high level of customer responsiveness and serves as a role model to encourage a commitment to customer service. A strong service orientation is required.
9. Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians, and with hospital guest and clients.
10. Ability to handle interactions with discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information.
11. Must have good communication skills, and good understanding of the English language.
12. Complies with Safety and Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
13. Required to increase/decrease work schedule and/or vary hours depending on the needs of the department: Assigned hours within the shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
14. Keeps supervisor informed about important issues.
15. Ability to demonstrate initiative.
16. May require the ability to be cross-trained into multiple positions.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to stand and walk (80%) the majority of working hours. Walk several miles per day.
2. Must be able to tolerate continuous walking, bending, standing and kneeling.
3. Must be able to occasionally lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs.
4. Must be able to work outside approximately 50% of the time in all weather conditions such as cold, heat & humidity.
5. Must be able to climb six to ten foot ladders in upward and downward directions, including upright ladders attached to walls for access to roof areas. Must be able to climb steel rung ladder 15 feet. To change light bulbs, turn off valves, check for leaks etc.
6. Mobility, dexterity, fine motor skills and ability to use hands in repetitive motion tasks, such as grasping and fine manipulating is required.
7. Must be able to climb and move across elevated walkways (catwalk).
8. Must be able to ascend and descend several flights of stairs without stopping.
9. Must be able to move freely on/off floor during situations with patient and facility related items.
10. Must be able to stand in uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time.
11. Must be able to work with arms above head for extended periods of time up to 50 percent of the time.
12. Occasional (approx 30%) exposure to hazards including cuts, burns, etc. when operating equipment.
13. Occasional (approx 30%) exposure to hazardous chemicals and medical infectious waste.
14. Works around moving machinery and is occasionally exposed to dust, vapor, fumes, gases, radiation, and biological vectors.
15. Frequent exposure to high noise levels.
16. Requires visual acuity, the ability to speak and the ability to hear speech.
17. Must be able to travel on occasion to other worksites and training seminars.
18. Must adhere to applicable organizational requirements on an annual basis for Employee Health Directives.
(EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED):
A. High school graduate or GED required.
B. Must be able to read and write English and perform basic mathematical calculations.
A. Previous maintenance experience preferred.
3. Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes:
A. Driving is a requirement. A valid driver's license and proof of insurance must be maintained throughout employment.
B. Demonstrates general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. HealthStream, Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, GroupWise; internet/intranet; work order system; and building maintenance software such as Siemens Software.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted 9 minutes ago
Carson City, Nevada
Posted 8 minutes ago
Rockaway, New Jersey
Posted 8 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!