Join the Hostess Brands Team and help us inspire moments of JOY for our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and each other!
The Demand Planner is responsible for creating and maintaining forecast parameters within our forecasting software, incorporating business intelligence, and applying forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources to create an achievable demand plan for the company. Forecast parameters and exception management is the responsibility of this position while being held accountable for forecast accuracy, forecast bias, and forecast hit rate. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective channels/customers and products with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, Category Management and Finance. This role is also the primary point of contact on for Inventory Management, Procurement, and Operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills and Attributes:
- Demand Forecasting: Utilize historical sales data, market trends, and statistical models to develop accurate demand forecasts for our fresh, frozen, and 3P business.
- Demand Bias: Over and under demand - performance dialogue forums to improve, specially avoiding write offs related to distressed inventory.
- Collaborative Planning: Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product Development teams to gather market insights, new product launch plans, promotional activities, and other relevant information to incorporate into demand planning processes.
- Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SI&OP): Participate in the SI&OP process to align demand forecasts with production, procurement, and inventory management activities.
- Data Analysis: Analyze internal and external data to identify demand patterns, market trends, and potential risks or opportunities. Leverage data-driven insights to refine demand forecasts and improve planning accuracy.
- Demand Variability Management: Identify and assess factors that may cause demand variability, such as seasonality, promotions, and market dynamics. Develop strategies to manage and mitigate the impact of such variability on demand plans.
- Performance Tracking: Monitor and evaluate demand planning performance metrics, such as forecast accuracy, bias, and service level, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline demand planning processes, enhance forecasting methodologies, and implement best practices to optimize efficiency and accuracy.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster strong partnerships with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Finance teams to ensure effective communication and alignment of demand plans with business objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels and functions including Management, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales partners.
- High level of analytical thinking and attention to detail with strong aptitude in forecasting methodology.
- Adept at operating at lowest level of detail.
- Advanced skill in Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Flexible team player with outstanding organizational skills who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and concurrently manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years in planning or forecasting field required
- Professional, working knowledge of other supply chain functions (i.e. Transportation, Distribution Centers, Procurement)
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel) and Data Warehouse skills
- Experience in statistical demand planning system, e.g. SAP, JDA, Logility, etc. required
- Inventory planning and management experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in CPG are a plus, but, not required
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, retail management, marketing or related field preferred or equivalent experience preferred
Hostess Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Upon request, Hostess Brands, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicant.
About Us: Hostess Brands is a leading sweet snacks company that makes, markets, and distributes our delicious treats throughout North America.
Our approximately 2,600 employees put their hearts in everything they do, inspiring moments of joy by baking new and classic snacks including Hostess® Donettes®, Twinkies®, CupCakes, Ding Dongs® and Zingers®, as well as a variety of Voortman® cookies and wafers.
This job has expired.