Configures, installs, monitors and maintains TIS users' desktop software and hardware and provides advanced level support in these areas. Provides consultation to TIS users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software. Provides advanced level technical support and guidance through Tier 2 support and works with vendors to resolve Tier 3 issues. Participates in projects.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Provides expert level support of all desktop and network hardware and software applications. Provides proactive and advanced troubleshooting and analysis. Acts as an expert information source on product evaluation, selection, deployment, and use.
- Configures and installs software on IS users' desktop and laptop computers.
- Installs new computer hardware (desktop, laptop, PDA, printer, etc.) at users' locations.
- Provides analytical and technical expertise in the planning, design and installation of new and existing desktop systems.
- Evaluates, selects, and utilizes new, advanced support tools, applications, and research to provide solutions to complex hardware and software issues.
- Understands and accounts for interactions between technologies and applications across service lines, and develops integration, migration, and/or contingency plans.
- Assists in technology strategic planning and budgeting, maintenance of technical documentation, and identification of process improvement opportunities.
- Provides consultation to TIS users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software.
- Participates in project activities including data collection, design suggestions and communications with project teams and end users.
- Responsible for documenting solutions to problems, trouble-shooting techniques and developing end-user guidelines. Recommends changes based upon history and experience.
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
- Supports mobile workforce.
- Participates in on-call support rotation as specified by management.
- Participates in coaching and mentoring others in their work efforts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health's Integrity and Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three (3) or more years of hands on experience with knowledge of installing complex applications, hardware and troubleshooting techniques required or demonstrated proficiency in these areas.
- Microsoft and Personal Computer Certifications (A+, Network+, MCDST, MSP) or equivalent work experience. MSCE certification preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft desktop operating system / applications installation and support (Microsoft Office and Outlook) experience.
- HP Desktop and Laptop Certification preferred.
- Experience on multiple platforms including concepts of networking (LAN and WAN) and IS best practices required.
- PC Imaging experience required.
- HP / Lexmark printer experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and writing skills for client communication and system documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware malfunctions.
- Ability to remain calm, helpful and productive in all situations.
- Ability to resolve multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.