BASIC FUNCTIONS: Devops Engineering is a responsible for working with development team building multi-stage automated pipelines and focusing on the next evolution of the Reed Tech/ LexisNexis Devops/Infrastructure Platform. Our primary responsibility is to design and promote mainstream relevant processes that include but not limited to TDD, DevOps Elite, and Trunk Based Development as it applies to Infrastructure as Code. Additionally, we are establishing the Platform Engineer Container Strategy (PECS) which will power this evolution as a complete end to end container life cycle management process. We are both infrastructure and software engineers with a goal of providing the best engineering experience possible for our application teams. We are an integrity first team and we accept nothing less than a professional and collaborative mindset.
• 3+ years of Azure Devops pipeline build and automation experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Experience with Azure DevOps and YAML pipeline build
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services
• Experience with YAML
• Experience with an CI/CD tool or process such as Jenkins
• Experience working in infrastructure as code
• Experience with a container technology in a production level environment
• Ability to collaborate, listen, evaluate problems and communicate solutions
• Keep Calm under pressure and move forward with minimum supervision
• Familiarity of industry best practices.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Ability to create fully automated multi-stage pipeline using YAML, powershell script and other tools like sonarqube for code quality and security vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
We love to see:
• Understanding of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
• Go Development experience in writing tooling for command line and automation
• Familiarity with Open source configuration and orchestration tools
• Deep understanding of a container life cycle management process
• Security first mind set and cloud implementation experience.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements for infrastructure, build and release pipelines.
• Understand and review existing pipelines and maintain and manage them as needed.
• Work closely with other development/Infrastructure team members to understand delivery requirements and recommend solution for building automation process for build and deployment.
• Successfully implement pipelines as per standards and best practices.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology for build and deployment automation.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.