Responsible for patient food service on assigned units. This includes menu selections, tray assembly, delivery and pick up, special requests and needs, and in between meal food delivery.
Qualifications Qualifications and ExperienceEducation/Degree
- Patient menu selections are taken prior to each meal ensuring optimal food preferences are met within diet order limitation guidelines.
- Menu alternatives are offered as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences.
- Patient trays are assembled according to patient menu on tray ticket per established timelines.
- Catering rounds are completed after passing trays to identify and meet additional patient needs.
- Accurate information is recorded for each patient assigned.
- Food supply assembly and distribution adhere to HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food.
- Reports are completed as outlined in corporate policies and established timelines.
- Diet prescription accuracy is verified with nursing to meet the needs of the patient.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- Customer service experience in food, retail or related area.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience preferred.
(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or participating in the interview process, please let us know.