Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
An immediate opportunity is available for a Digital Content Editor to work with our digital team to edit and process content onto the NJ Spotlight News website and other digital platforms. Specific responsibilities include:
• Copy-edit news stories for content, AP style, grammar and punctuation;
• Write clear and accurate headlines with an emphasis on SEO;
• Produce story and video pages in CMS using appropriate photo images, graphics and other elements;
• Assist managing editor as needed on content edits;
• Produce and edit social media content as needed in conjunction with digital news production team;
• Write occasional news stories as needed;
• Additional duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess strong copy-editing skills with knowledge of AP Style as well as grammar and punctuation rules. Additional qualifications include:
• Ability to write clear and compelling headlines and captions;
• Adept at optimizing content for search engine optimization (SEO);
• Proficiency with content management systems (CMS), preferably WordPress;
• Familiarity with Adobe products including PhotoShop or equivalent photo editing tools;
• Strong digital page layout and design skills;
• Ability to meet deadlines and present content across social media platforms.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.