Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director for Channel is a critical leadership role within the Lumen Channel division, to create and sustain a sales channel to sell and cultivate solutions which are built-on and pull-through the Platform Lumen hybrid portfolio. The Director generates net new incremental revenue growth, maintains and grows existing in billing accounts, and designs, develops, launches and maintains partner programs within the direct channel team as well as across the channel organization.
• Lead a team of 4 to 6 Channel Sales Managers, including recruitment, coaching and development of team
• Channel partner business/capacity planning, quarterly business reviews, and establish/track partner performance metrics
• Develop and implement strategy to increase the sales and sales engagement activities with key partners
• Grow net new incremental business
• Drive Partner channel pipeline creation
• Drive revenue with partners at senior/executive levels
• Define strategic direction for sales and partner relationships and influence strategic direction of partners
• Define and direct the process of getting partners integrated with CTL offerings
• Evaluate and optimize sales and alliance model to drive revenue
• Develop and execute partner and business sales strategies
• Develop, maintain, manage, and execute budget
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in sales, consulting, business development, and/or relationship management in the IT and Networking Industry.
• 3+ years of direct sales or channel/partner leadership experience
• Bachelors’ Degree or relevant years of experience
• Extensive experience in sales and channel organizations
• Extensive knowledge of single and multi-tier indirect channel sales models.
• Ability to Travel up to 50%
• Graduate Degree/MBA
• Software, Managed Services (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS), Hosting, Cloud experience
• Certification(s) from the partners being managed, where available.
Based on your job application information, you may be given the opportunity to complete an assessment for Executive-level positions.
Requisition #: 252677
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.