At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Director of North America Sales is responsible for driving execution to meet or exceed sales and customer objectives through creation and leadership of an outbound (hunting) and installed (cross-sell) focused Field Sales Team.
This role requires a clear track record of sales leadership within large and small organizations and ability to champion the sales strategy, implement and contribute to change initiatives to exceed quota, accelerate growth and improve the merchant's experience. Your success coaching sales reps, and hiring exceptional sales talent while creating a positive, results-driven, professional culture will improve the performance of an already strong team.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, high energy individual who thrives in ambiguity and enjoys a challenge. This an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about driving sales strategy in a dynamic environment and has proven ability to take ideas to execution.
This leader will need to have fluency with technology trends shaping the fintech market and be able to interact productively with leaders across PayPal to drive customer led innovation. The leader must be focused on exceeding pipeline, sales, revenue, operational and strategic goals as well as the professional growth, development and success of their team members.
PayPal builds products that make payments easier-so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share -- or the condo you rented this weekend -- without presenting a card or pressing a button or buying a lamp on Pinterest...rightfromPinterest.The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
PayPal continues redefining the meaning of fintech with an expanding array of solutions from its acquisition in 2013 of Braintree to Jetlore for Marketing and now Hyperwallet, we are transforming the way people pay. PayPal has offices has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, New York, Sydney, Singapore and London with employees stationed around the world.
- Develops and defines the strategy and execution of plans to achieve annual sales targets and key business results. Implements new sales models to drive incremental growth via new customer acquisition.
- Continuously drives the building of pipeline and effectively manages the stages of such pipeline; owns sales forecast accuracy, demand generation, deal strategy development and trend analysis. Monitors all sales and other key performance metrics.
- Leads from strategy to execution on sales initiatives. Works with marketing, risk, legal and product development teams to implement initiatives. Ensures initiatives are reflective of the goals, priorities of other company divisions as appropriate.
- Builds, develops and manages a high performing sales team that competes and wins together.
- Enforces and evolves sales process to lead an accountable sales force. Defines and ensures execution of sales policies and practices for managing sales performance.
- Serves as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement. Recommends improvements to sales strategies based on data and competitor analysis.
- Manages budgeted headcount and related expenses to deliver against goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure and adapt to changing business requirements; ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities.
- 10 + years of relevant field management sales experience, including exposure to significant growth oriented businesses with a globally dispersed structure.
- An understanding of Field Sales processes and Sales Development metrics and the ability to execute in new markets from scratch.
- Must have a proven track record of success in meeting sales targets, familiarity with consultative selling methodologies and experience driving customer led innovation.
- Drive for results; bias towards action. Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed ambiguous environment. Think like an owner. Open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Proven leadership in building, developing, and retaining high performing teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; MBA preferred
- Travel up to 50% of time
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$186200 to $000Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please Join Our Talent Community.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.