Job Posting Title
Director, IT Business Partner - Integrated Financial PlanningPosition Summary
The Solution Delivery Director is a key role within Information Technology at Ferrara Candy Company. A keen understanding of the challenges that face Ferrara's business and the ability to match enabling technologies and processes to meet those challenges is key to success. This leader will be responsible to optimize existing technology investments and lead the selection of new technologies when necessary.
The Solution Delivery Director not only understands the applications that support the business, but also knows the best ways to build and support solutions within those technologies. Successful delivery and support of technical platforms is achieved primarily using external service providers. Once a solution is in use by Ferrara, the Director ensures that the support mechanisms are in place for system users and that we have the ability to extend, integrate and optimize the platform.
The assigned business areas are Financial Reporting, Integrated Financial Planning, Treasury and Supply Chain Finance. Representative technologies include, but are not limited to SAP ECC, BOBJ/BI, HFM, Hyperion Planning, Blujay Transportation Management system, Kronos.
Project Leadership & Solution Design and Delivery:
- Be an internal consultant and partner to Senior Leaders within the assigned business areas.
- Develop the technology strategy that matches Ferrara objectives and growth strategies.
- Build a partnership and relationship that adds value to the business through proactive management of enabling technologies.
- Assess risk in business areas not adequately supported by technology.
- Facilitate the prioritization of projects, programs and enhancements.
- Develop recommendations, solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Direct and manage a team of internal business partners to focus on delivering solutions
External Partner Management
- Manage all aspects of the project portfolio within the assigned business area.
- Effectively communicate the results and status of projects during various stages of their life cycle.
- Advocate for projects that have approval and appropriate sponsorship from the business.
- Ensure that the teams are in place (both internal and external) to deliver technology-based solutions.
- Provide consultation during all phases of the development of solutions.
- In some cases it will be necessary to sponsor and lead projects.
- Work closely with internal IT resources and external service providers to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Manage issues and escalate as necessary when projects within the portfolio are at risk in terms of Scope, Timelines and Budgets.
- Negotiate with software vendors, managed service providers and contractors to deliver solutions and partner with the Ferrara team.
- Prepare RFPs, SOW's, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for potential new technologies and solutions.
- Measure managed service performance and work closely to get the appropriate thought leadership from our external partners.
- Ensure that our strategic partners operate as an extension of the Ferrara team and are acting in the best interests of Ferrara.
- Inventory the systems, applications and technologies that support the assigned business areas and understand how they support the business functions.
- Understand the application architecture and essential elements of how applications SAP ECC, BOBJ/BI, HFM, Hyperion Planning, Blujay Transportation Management system, Kronos meet the needs of the business.
- Utilize our existing technology investments before investing in other solutions that could be redundant.
- Understand the full implications of application security and compliance ensuring that our People, Processes and Technologies are compliant and meet all relevant audit requirements.
- Meet established System performance metrics.
- Understand Cloud and SAAS service offerings and their potential to improve time to market and support costs.
- Manage budgets including operating costs for services as wells as capital investments to upgrade, refresh and extend our platforms.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Deep knowledge of systems and technology driven processes within area of responsibility.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships across complex functions, partners and the greater IT community.
- Leadership skills in directing staff to achieve objectives.
- Strong Team Management experience
- Builds and sustains relationship, persuasive communication and advocacy
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-moving environment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Occasional travel required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or 5 to 10 years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience and 3 years developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and direct involvement in M & A activities is a plus.
- Prior success managing external IT service providers to deliver solutions.
- Relevant certifications matched to business subject matter.
- Proven experience and knowledge of integrated technical ecosystems such as SAP ECC with an emphasis in the Finance and Controlling areas including: FI/CO/PA/PC/Treasury modules, BOBJ/BI, HFM, Hyperion Planning, Blujay Transportation Management system, Kronos
- Experience in rolling our large-scale, transformational platforms.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.