Director - Medical Transport Team-AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: Orlando,Fl 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Leads and directs a systematic approach to facilitate effective patient placement and efficient process supporting admission and transport from AH hospitals and other facilities transferring patients for quaternary care.
- Initiate, promote and/or participate in interdisciplinary collaboration regarding operations, logistics, and patient care.
- Promote a collaborative environment where multiple service lines create common solutions to optimize complex systems
- Build relationships with functional leaders to drive quality, culture and financial value as one integrated care network.
- Establish standardized processes where they do not exist, keeping the goal of optimization at the forefront
- Apply cost containment principles while endeavoring to create new or improved processes and operational practices
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree, particularly in a healthcare business, clinical science, or
- Industrial/Systems Engineering
- Five years (5) of experience working in a multi-campus health care system with proven ability to gain trust
- Three (3) years in healthcare operations management and/or process improvement.
- Extensive experience facilitating and managing challenging situations, including conflict resolution and demonstration of outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience in facilitating high-level multidisciplinary group decisions
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, Industrial/Systems Engineering, or Nursing Administration (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Lean Greenbelt certification (Preferred)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) (Preferred)
- Current valid State of Florida license as a registered nurse. (Preferred)
The Director is directly responsible for smooth and efficient operations and business development of AdventHealth Medical Transport Services and execution and performance of processes and logistics related to patient transport and patient placement. Leads and directs a systematic approach to facilitate effective patient placement and efficient process supporting admission and transport from AH hospitals and other facilities transferring patients for quaternary care. Provides strategic direction for AdventHealth Medical Transport Services. Responsible to design a highly reliable environment which is responsive to system goals and effective patient-centered care. Monitors and analyzes data for clinical and operational process' for quality and improvement. Assure continuity of service through communication channels and collaboration within clinical departments and with providers. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
This job has expired.