S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Director of Design
The primary function of this role is to provide managerial support nationwide to the Sprinkler Designers. The Company goal is to continuously grow the revenues of Sprinkler Operations while maintaining profits, satisfying customer's requirements and maintaining compliance with NFPA guidelines. This position reports to the CEO/President and will require a close working relationship with the Sprinkler Design Technical Manager, Sprinkler Design and Blueprint room staff.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment with a focus towards administration, organization, reporting, data management, and customer service.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage designer schedules and contract deliverables
- Develop S.A. Comunale BIM standards.
- Interface with Project Managers to review design vs. labor deficiencies.
- Daily scheduling of projects.
- Development of start and completion dates for the designers and monitoring of progress.
- Interface with customer coordination job specific.
- Weekly / monthly reviews of all designers with technical manager.
- Oversee current Branch Level Design Managers.
- Interface and develop design / fabrication standards to increase efficiency in fabrication shop.
- Continuing education seminars with design staff.
- Interface with S.A. Comunale design training program.
- Branch office visits.
- Job site visits with design staff.
- Be on NFSA committee.
- Attend group functions with other contractors to gain new ideas.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 15+ years of Construction design experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a management position is required.
- Understanding of Autocad Products. AutoSprink and/or HyrdaTec systems is a plus.
- Experience with Navisworks and basic knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- BIM experience is required.
- NICET level III Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of NFPA guidelines is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar field is required.
- Travel is required.
- P.E. License a plus.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel) applications required.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities to perform this job successfully.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- Ability to problem solve is required.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications is required.
- Ability to think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results is required.
- Building positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management is required.
- Demonstrating integrity and professionalism is required.
- Demonstrating commitment to company values is required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to follow-up on tasks and assignments in a timely manner is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic business mathematical functions is required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- Complying with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs is required.