Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
This position is part of a team of payments experts who are responsible for making sure we deliver payment excellence through partners for our enterprise merchant offering. This leader will be the driver of long-term strategy work around payment enterprise platform (build, partners, invest, acquirer) and will build the partner relationships necessary to meet enterprise merchant and marketplace processing needs. The team which is critical to maximizing the value we deliver to our clients on an ongoing basis. Their work enables PayPal to identify new value-add opportunities for existing clients and figure out how to build and deliver on those opportunities in partnership with Sales, Account Management, Product and Support. Their work also supports go-forward solution selling efforts to new prospective merchants by deepening our understanding of target merchants and delivering pitches of best fit.
•Global Role - Interfacing with PayPal org/offices and our clients and partners.
•Evangelization - Serves as our thought leadership group for enterprise merchants (direct merchant communication, conferences, media, partners, webinars etc.).
•Client Aptitude - Direct involvement with majority of global enterprise clients on an ongoing basis. Sales teams will call for their support and expert advice for closing deals with Super Large Enterprise Merchants.
•Distill the Complex - Key contributor for training and education in areas such as payments and broader commerce ecosystem for rest of organization.
•A Connector - Partnering with Product and Engineering, Finance, Support, Global Sales, and Account Management, as well as leveraging external partnerships that are built over time, to deliver for our business.
Job Description:Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the business and strategy direction of key initiatives to expand our platform capabilities through and ensure Sales and Accounts win/expand payment processing deals on a global level.
- Partnership development for new markets, platform solutions, and payment processing across the world.
- Influence the Platform's product roadmap to meet the processing, payout, and multilateral needs of merchants and marketplaces.
- Navigate the complicated compliance and rule frameworks for multi-lateral and marketplace processing so that PayPal stays well-managed and compliant as we scale our global business.
- Identify markets of opportunity that map well to our Platform solutions and features and deliver growth plans to capture the new opportunities.
- Ensure PayPal is seen as a thought leader in enabling global payments for large enterprises and marketplaces.
- Act as a payments expert for new strategic initiatives; currently this includes things such as Local Payment Method expansion and Omnichannel, to mention just a few.
- Day to day performance of our platform when it comes to partnership dependency, key payment expert for the broader organization across several areas such as Regulations, compliance, Legal, Scheme rules, Sales, Account management, Product Marketing and more.
- European market expansion: Open banking. Global Acquiring Program, SRC/PSD2 etc.
Top 5 skill sets and experiences that this leader will ideally possess:
- At least 5 years of experience in the payments industry, ideally in large enterprise card and payment processing
- At least 5 years of experience in business-to-business sales and/or relationship building and business development
- Experience identifying, developing, and contracting Partner relationships for an enterprise
- Experience working with the processing and payout needs of multi-lateral merchants and marketplaces
- Non-US payments experience (EMEA, APAC, Latin America, etc.) required
- Advanced and eloquent communicator, able to speak to Product, Engineering, and Clients
- Experience with B2B and Product software, including PowerPoint, Salesforce, Jira, SharePoint, etc.
- Bachelors Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Experience as a buyer of payment processing services preferred
The type of leader that flourishes at PayPal (behaviors, motivations, the how):
- Large Enterprise merchant sales subject matter expertise.
- Digital wallet and payments experience.
- Business development skillset, mindset, and approach to customer acquisition & engagement.
- Commercial acumen and accountability.
- Leadership & management experience in a globally matrixed organization.
The type of leader who will not be successful (behaviors, motivations, the how):
- Holistic Business Developer - an enthusiastic student of the art of sales who effectively builds relationships, crafts strategic account plans, and operates across the sales funnel to link strategies to commercial outcomes.
- Results Focus - a business builder with unwavering focus on the customer who ties all work back to overall commercial impact.
- Strong Collaborator - who partners with stakeholders for win-win.
- Change Agent - we are rapidly evolving as a business and need someone who can be at the helm to lead change.
- Thought Leader - uncovers consumer insights to create new sales opportunities.
- Nurturer of Talent - to bring out the best in individuals and teams.
- Deals with Ambiguity - to take the unknown into action.
- Challenges the Status Quo - one who has intellectual curiosity to proactively explore ways to improve processes.
- A believer in the "Greater Good" - one who always puts others' needs above their own.
- Command and Control Leadership Style - we want leaders who elevate their people not control them.
- Needs to control all levers - we want our leaders to be able to partner interpedently to deliver great work.
- Rigid "play it safe" planner - we need leaders who can take a test & learn approach to the portfolio with a constant learning agenda and an innate propensity to take risks.
San Francisco - Market, California, United States of America
Austin, Chicago - Merchandise Mart Plaza, Los Angeles - Olympic, New York, Plymouth Meeting, Remote California, Remote California - Bay Area, Remote Connecticut - NYC Metro, Remote District of Columbia, Remote Illinois, Remote Maryland, Remote Massachusetts, Remote New Jersey, Remote New York, Remote North Carolina, Remote Pennsylvania, Remote Texas, Remote Virginia - DC Metro, San Jose, Washington DC - Eye St NWWe're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.