The Director, Sales Operations, Academic & Gov't NOAM manages the effectiveness of sales efforts in achieving the long-term value and growth opportunities of the organization
We are looking for a quick learner with a positive attitude who thrives in a fast paced, international working environment. Someone who easily adapts to change while staying focused on driving sustainable growth and team performance. This is a non-quota carrying role.
This is achieved in several ways:
- Providing analytical insights to steer sales efforts, fact-based approach to identifying sales opportunities, enabling the sales teams to monetize the full market potential through the development of tools, ensuring an effective sales setup, driving for improved sales effectiveness and productivity.
- This includes planning, reporting, sales productivity/quota setting and management, sales process optimization and performance analysis.
The Director /Senior Manager of Sales Operations NOAM role is aligned with the RSS strategic priorities but focused on a specific (sales) team's contribution to these priorities -Core Sales team in this case, supporting, and working closely with the VP and the Management Team.Main responsibilities:
- Developing analytical insights from key Sales Leader Analytics/metrics to steer sales efforts and increase sales process efficiency, fact-based approach to identifying sales opportunities, developing partnerships, enabling the sales teams to monetize the full market potential, etc.
- Develop and/ or use market insights and other analytical insights to formulate clear and compelling sales strategic priorities, working with and leveraging the Sales Strategy team.
- Translate the strategic priorities into exceptionable action plans for the sales unit and ensure appropriate execution and tracking (working with and leveraging the Sales Operations team).
- Develop deep understanding of win and loss reasons on new and renewal sales through regular review of win/loss information helping inform strategic decision making Using insights from the Sales Leader Analytics (SLA and coaching file) to drive sales behavior and results together with the sales leaders grounded in analytics and metrics, measuring improvements through changes in identified key metrics over time in newly emerging markets, sub-segments or through new partnerships.
- Based on a solid understanding of market developments (economic, research, higher-education) and customer needs, prioritize and actively pursue concrete opportunities.
- Develop clear plans for optimized sales territories and quota allocation as input for sales VPs and FLMs during the annual territory and new sales quota setting processes Through thought-partnership, sharing of global best-practices, structure, analytical insights.
- Develop holistic - Elsevier-wide - fact-based value propositions. Brings an analytics-driven approach to large renewals and new deals. Helps develop and embed new value story approach, new pricing tools, new pricing models. Partnering with the marketing and product teams to develop a strategic go-to-market plan with clear sales priorities.
- Continue to refine and optimize the sales motions. In cases of new products, represent Sales in the business review/due diligence, and lead the sales integration and roll-out of these products within the focus portfolio.
Work in a way that works for you
- master's degree and / or MBA qualification
- 7+ years of work experience in sales operations / analytics, and strategy
- Hands on experience in excel, Sales Force
- Proven problem solving (e.g. structuring) and analytical track record.
- Strong communication skills and proven track record in working effectively in cross-regional, cross-functional teams.
- Experience with the development and go to market process of a new product, service, and/or pricing model a plus.
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home, though the ability to work in our NYC office at times is highly desired
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.