This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Capital Markets and be a senior member of the Capital Markets team. This position will become the cornerstone and leader of the SBIA team within Capital Markets.
The last year has been a period of unparalleled growth for Ocwen, and more specifically the Capital Markets team. As Ocwen continues this growth trajectory and business optimization, there is a strong need for a centralized and data-driven analytics team within Capital Markets. This position would therefore join the team during an exciting period of growth and have the opportunity to shape the future of the SBIA team.
This position will focus on actionable business intelligence related to an array of loan types, assets, and lines of business. Additionally, this position will be asked to develop analytics that answer high-level strategic questions related to pricing, growth optimization, and profitability. This team's output will be leveraged across the organization to identify areas of strength, weakness or opportunity and will support pricing, asset valuations and other business decisions. This individual should have a unique and comprehensive knowledge of the mortgage industry, extensive analytical and/or modeling skills as well as an incomparable ability to simplify extensive information for communication to leadership.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Develop historical analytics and predictive modeling related to MSR valuations, such as prepayment speeds and default curves
- experience designing and computing key performance and risk metrics (KPI and KRIs) which incorporate MSR market value, and risk sensitivities such as DV01, CV01, Basis01, and KRDs
- Develop robust analytics and predictive modeling related to MSR metrics or assumptions, including cost per loan, ancillary income, recapture rates, losses, etc
- Support MSR manager in presentation and communication of MSR data, and contextualize the data against peer data or historical averages, or other objective data points, especially when rationalizing variances
- Support effective hedge strategies considering the full range of interest rate risks to which the MSR is exposed within the Company's risk appetite
- Support growth strategy to augment the servicing portfolio through bulk or flow MSR acquisitions, of both forward and reverse mortgages
- Develop optimization models related to mortgage origination business that address pricing elasticity and volume vs margin optimization questions
- Support the origination channels with analytics, competitive positioning, and pricing questions
- Collaborate with senior management within the originations on pricing strategies to account for changing market and competitive conditions.
- Support the Secondary Marketing team as needed in their analysis of best execution models, origination pipeline, and hedge position
- Develop pricing frameworks for new lines of business and support their continued growth through analytics
- Develop capital optimization and allocation methodology
- Develop methodology and analytics surrounding corporate overhead allocation
- Develop forecasting models for interest rates, spreads and other mortgage-related market metrics, to support financial planning
- Develop robust model for optimization of delinquent GNMA portfolio, that covers the variety of execution options
- Assist cross-functional areas in evaluating strategic planning targets and/or opportunities
- Perform ad-hoc analytics to answer strategic corporate questions related to profitability, growth or capital optimization
- Develop robust and comprehensive models with broad flexibility for use in reporting/ explanations of financial results, ad-hoc executive requests, or by other teams/ departments for optimization or forecasting purposes
- Analyze pricing, margins, costs, and other P&L drivers for executive communication and optimization opportunities
- Analyze the spreads, profitability, performance characteristics, risk profiles and opportunities across all loan types: FNM, FRE, PLS, Non-QM, Reverse, HELOC, whole loans, call rights,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years mortgage experience required
- Minimum of 10 years within capital markets, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with modeling related to the mortgage industry
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with Microsoft excel, with advanced skills
- Minimum of 3 years leading people
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to solve complex and unusual technical, administrative, and managerial situations
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Advanced decision-making skills with ability to analyze short and long-term effects of pricing and market movements
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to formulate solutions to non-routine problems.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- A demonstrated and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced deadline-driven and constantly changing environment
Training / Licensing Requirements: (only add if needed)
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.