The District Manager's objectives are to lead their District in the successful execution of the 5 Principles within our house with a specialized focus on being performance driven and people powered. The District Manager is accountable for driving the continuous improvement in their assigned stores through our pillars of product, price, promise, place, and people. Through the strategic proficiencies of reconstructing & modernizing, stabilizing& optimizing, investing& constructing and operationalizing the business. It is expected that the DM exhibits and demonstrates the practices to establish our authority and be the inspiration to the sales achievement of the preferred omni-channel home destination, driven by teams consistently delivering balanced and durable growth.The DM reports directly to the Senior District Manager and closely partners with the Regional Vice President of their territory.
Manages multi-unit high performing teams. Creates and sustains a talent engine and culture that attracts, retains and develops high performance teams who consistently serve and deliver operational excellence and business results.
*Is strategic in the curation of team complexity through developmental opportunities, demographics, performance and career pathing to collaborate with HR in a strategic and forward facing manner.
* Accelerates and optimizes connecting with, inspiring and energizing our internal and external customers by demonstrating the ability to deliver in an omni-always retailer to serve their preferred shopping needs.
* Demonstrates, clarifies and deepens our relationship with internal and external customers by connecting, engaging and motivating them to strengthen loyalty and organizational value.
*Is an ambassador of the Bed Bath & Beyond culture
* Has accountability in investing and clarifying compelling value through pricing, communications and ability to drive promotional cadence.
* Refines and amplifies an exciting omni-channel assortment that builds authority through purposeful differentiation and curation utilizing brand tools, embracing and adhering to brand standards.
* Accountable for all store activities and achievement within each discipline
*Remains curious and bold to identify opportunities and develop performance.
* Demonstrates intellectual honesty in all situations in a prioritized manner with shifting complexity
* Demonstrates ownership of the business and ability to create shareholder return.
* Is transparent and collaborative
*Embraces and drives change
*Acts with empathy and integrity
Is a champion of diversity and community
* Effectively utilizes reports to analyze business trends, identify challenges, opportunities and recognize successes
* Ensures the success of new store openings, remodels and renovations
* Oversees store's payroll budgets and ensures compliance
* Ensures all operational processes are in place to achieve operational excellence
* Utilizes appropriate reporting to drive and maintain the profitability of stores
* Takes action to maintain the facilities and cleanliness of stores
* Manages accountability while impressing upon associates the importance of following all safety and security for self and others
* Takes immediate action to address unsafe conditions
* Protects Company Assets by following and ensuring stores follow loss prevention directives
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 7-8 years of retail experience desired, including management experience in multiple operational and customer-facing
Statements in this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions section are intended to describe the nature of work and the minimum requirements of the job in general. Each location may have its own set of site-specific Physical Requirements and Working Conditions based on product(s) handled, equipment used and customer requirements.