Job Summary (External):
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
* This position is eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
Delivery Technicians (DTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing patients on the use of medical equipment in their homes and care facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and deliver medical equipment (e.g., respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) and oxygen to patients in their homes.
- Assemble, set up, inspect and test equipment, and instruct patients and caregivers on basic operation and maintenance, in accordance with state licensing limitations.
- Complete paperwork relating to deliveries, pick-ups, testing and equipment checks, repairs, vehicle inspections, etc.
- Load and unload company vehicles with equipment and oxygen.
- Operate non-commercial vehicles (10,000lbs GVW and carrying a combination of oxygen less than 1,001 lbs) carrying medical equipment and oxygen.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and check for gasoline, oil and fluid levels, tire pressure, and brakes.
- May be required to clean, disinfect and assist with equipment repairs.
- May be required to work after-hours and on an on-call basis.
- Successfully complete all required safe driving programs, abide by applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances, and demonstrate safe driving practices at all times throughout employment.
- Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
At least one year related experience is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of hire.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare's Driver Training Program.
Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T., F.D.A. and standards of accrediting body.
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibility and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
- Strength Aspects:
- Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1" to 36" high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 100 lbs, and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and down stairs or in elevators.
- Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs - 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
- Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of force.
- Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs of force.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
- Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3"-10" in height,
- Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to 20" in height.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10' high, in general.
- Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level of 24" above the floor.
- Frequently required to reach, on average, 20" away from the body.
- Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above tasks.
The physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet