Safely operate tractor-trailer truck on assigned route to service customers in a safe and efficient manner. Deliver collected solid waste to transfer station or landfill.
• Operate tractor-trailer truck and on-board hydraulic systems on assigned route to collect solid waste and/or recyclables on a specified collection route.
• Make sure each load is secure by checking that tarp is closed properly and that no loose trash is visible.
• Ensure all trash is emptied out of the trailer when dumping a load.
• Provide CSR with each trailer number after the load is dumped and net weight.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
• Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A vehicles preferred.
• Satisfactory driving record.
• Must pass a DOT physical, drug screen and background check.
• Must pass written and road test evaluation.
• Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
• Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
• Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds manually.
• Sitting is required 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
• Ability to work in usually loud conditions
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!