Education Program Manager🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Feb 22, 2023 Post Date📅98007 Requisition #Stanford University's Department of Radiation Oncology is seeking an Education Program Manager to manage the strategy and day-to-day operations of its ACGME accredited Radiation Therapy residency program, clerkship program, and fellowship program. The Education Program Manager's tasks will directly affect the development, oversight, and improvement of trainee programs, and the Department of Radiation Oncology's overall educational mission. Program coordination includes an in-depth involvement in program events, the recruitment of future trainees, evaluations, rotation schedules, finance, conferences, publicity, and other educational activities.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Collaborate with program leaders to develop and present long-term strategies to ensure the viability, growth and enhancement of programs. Identify, develop and implement policies and procedures to comply with residency and accreditation guidelines and provide guidance on changing regulations and institutional policies. Formulate qualitative analysis of program effectiveness.
- Develop, expand and implement educational initiatives for residents. Provide recommendations for enhancements, facilitate the training evaluation process, coordinate and manage resident education.
- Participate in the development of residency curriculum, design and develop course content tied to milestones and specific measurable knowledge, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and level of training. Develop and deliver evaluation metrics.
- Lead the department preparation for internal and external program reviews; ensure timely completion of rotation and curriculum evaluations, residency case logs and entry into electronic databases.
- Assist in development and maintenance of faculty advisor program for review of evaluations, career planning and research monitoring, review monthly evaluations/reports for Program Director.
- Oversee recruitment databases, analyze data and make recommendations for enhancements, development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Monitor and manage annual program budget, review expenses, secure resources and funding.
- Serve on selected committees, represent program at local and national meetings.
- Provide leadership direction to assigned staff in program area; supervise department fellowship coordinators of subspecialty fellowship programs.
- Hire, orient, and provide ongoing training and direct supervision to residency/clinical fellowship staff. Assign work tasks, provide daily supervision of these tasks; provide verbal and written evaluation of work performance.
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience coordinating educational programs, particularly Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited residency and/or fellowship programs or combination of education and relevant experience. Master's degree in education or relevant field is desired.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement long term strategies to enhance existing programs. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with faculty, residents and staff at all levels internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating priorities.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, ability to handle diverse workload.
- Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensuring all goals and objectives are met per project deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with all levels of faculty and staff, and exhibit significant degree of diplomacy.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and other applications required.
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensuring all goals and objectives are met per the agreed to project deadlines.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. WORK STANDARDS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
The expected pay range for this position is $93,000 to $113,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable jobs.As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
This job has expired.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 98007