Job ID: 411601
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo.
The EH&S Coordinator works as a partner with all facets of operations to analyze the manufacturing process to eliminate hazards. This individual will work closely with management by, providing guidance, insight, and consultation regarding OSHA, EPA, and other regulations as applicable. The Safety Coordinator will assist employees in identifying and correcting hazards, establishing best safe practices, and training/coaching employees. This individual will be responsible for the daily safety and environmental requirements associated with each crew and will have the support of regional managers, operational leaders and EHS directors to assist and help you grow your career in EHS.
- Identify hazards using the Oldcastle Near Miss Potential Hazard program
- Working with operations and management to establish corrective and preventative actions to eliminate hazards
- Complete required incident investigations, input analysis, and track corrective and preventative actions
- Continuously build your knowledge through training and ongoing hands on experience
- Maintain safety records and prepare safety reports as directed
- Prepare and assist in the preparation and submittal of permit applications to the proper regulatory agencies
- Assess and assist employee with personal protective equipment
- Provide support to site construction management in developing and implementing new programs, new permits, and new equipment
- Enter and maintain safety related data into Oldcastle's software
- Arrange for, disseminate, and develop specific training as required
- Create and maintain purchase orders as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulations
- Inspect work environment, machinery and equipment in establishments and other work sites conformance with standards
- Think critically and identify areas for improvement by working collaboratively with area and regional management
- Observe employees and determine compliance with safety precautions and safety equipment used
- Halt any unsafe action or work
- Ensure all inspections and meetings are completed each month
- Maintain air, water, hazardous waste, and any other permit compliance
- Continuously work to improve the process utilizing six sigma skills
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements
What CRH Offers You
- Associate's degree or equivalent in academic background or job experience
- Certification from BCSP, OSHA, or ABIH strongly preferred
- Experience or education in maintaining OSHA and EPA compliance
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to sell your idea and methods to management and production personnel
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
- Verbal, written communications and presentations skills
- Ability to work with other company administrative, production and technical personnel at all levels to achieve plant and corporate goals
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: May 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Fresno Nearest Secondary Market:
Madera Job Segment:
Six Sigma, Chemical Engineer, Management, Engineering
This job has expired.