Contra Costa Electric(CCE) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since 1946 the name Contra Costa Electric, Inc. has stood for value, quality and service. Our success is a result of our commitment to these principles. Headquartered in Martinez, CA with branch offices in Bakersfield and Fresno, CA, we combine the global reach and strong financial resources of EMCOR, vast local project experience and collaborative labor relations with the skill and knowledge of our professional personnel to fill the wide range of electrical construction needs of California.
Job Title: Electrical Estimator
Job Summary: CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. has a position available as a Electrical Estimator to support our team at our Martinez, CA office. Qualified candidates must have thorough understanding of Accubid Estimating software and Commercial electrical installations and estimating.
Responsibilities will include: Coordinating and leading estimating Team on larger projects, Preparing Full estimates, Preparing Subcontractor and Vendor RFP's, Preparing Detailed proposal letters, Providing Change order assistance on current and ongoing projects, Developing and maintaining estimating database including assemblies and template estimates. This position reports directly to the Chief Estimator.
Description of Duties:
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required, with sometimes-limited information.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of assigned work as described in the project documents.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines with ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Able to see the overall requirements of customer satisfaction without losing sight of the details.
- Expert knowledge/understanding of all electrical work and materials required.
- Understanding of the NEC National Electric Code as applied to estimating.
- Capable of accurately taking off multiple electrical systems and entering items into estimating program (Accubid). Systems to include but not to the following: (lighting, lighting control, dimming, devices, fire alarm, nurse call, A/V, modular wiring, grounding, , motor and equipment connections, generators, power distribution equipment, feeders, UPS, etc.
- Must be able to recognize/identify potential discrepancies and errors in documents and develop RFI questions for timely response. Any/all information of this type should be reviewed with the Chief Estimator/Supervisor for proper response and resolution.
- Advanced use capabilities of Accubid software estimating system and the ability to input information is required. Must be able to move easily within the system and be experienced in the building of assemblies. Solicit and collect subcontractor and vendor bids or quotations.
- Locate, notify and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors for quotations on outsourced work.
- Evaluate bids of subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, schedule, compliance with specifications, or other bid requirements.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships
- Work as a team with other estimators, company divisions and departments.
- Compile and finalize the estimate within time deadline and participate in team reviews with management on bid day.
- Prepare value engineering analysis in anticipation of the customer's best interest.
- Develop the scope of work narrative.
- Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual estimates from minimal design information.
- Assist field operations with the estimate after bid award.
- Help train and assist less experienced estimating staff when and if necessary
- A combination of education, training and experience in cost estimating electrical construction (a four year degree in Engineering, Construction Technology or a related field is desirable)
- Experienced applicants must have a minimum of 2+ years working for an electrical contractor with direct experience in estimating electrical construction projects as an Estimator.
- Knowledge of electrical power, lighting and low voltage electrical systems
- Candidate must possess a thorough understanding of electrical design documents in various stages of design completion
- Must be skilled in prioritizing, problem solving, multi-tasking and organizing.
- Excellent communication and computer skills are required.
- Experience organizing and managing complex and diverse estimating projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Aligns assignments to achieve customer and company objectives
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Power Point, Word, and Excel applications. Advanced use capabilities of ACCUBID and/or related Estimating software systems. Working knowledge of Viewpoint or similar accounting software or related accounting system.Preferred Education and Experience:
A degree in engineering, construction management, or minimum of 5 years demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
Join Contra Costa Electric, Inc, a division of EMCOR Group, the world-leading provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction, and facilities services. EMCOR is a network of 79 companies and employs over 26,000 staff in more than 100 locations throughout the US and Canada, in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa. We offer our team members medical, dental, optical, 401K, vacation, and holiday pay. Apply now to join our great team today! For more information, please visit our website at emcorgroup.com
Contra Costa Electric, Inc, requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Contra Costa Electric, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.