EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Electrical Journeyman
Job Summary: The electrician applies electrical theory, code and related knowledge to layout and installation of electrical systems. Understands control operation, including sequence of operation, troubleshooting, and reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams. Must be well organized to keep accurate service and maintenance records and communicate effectively to determine needs. Works as a leader in the Electrical Division, has strong customer relationships and team building qualities. Follows all electrical safety standards and procedures, including training and coaching co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tour Facility taking readings and observing equipment, infrastructure, facility status and conditions. Notify operations of abnormal conditions.
- Conducting periodic inspections and notifying Operations including any items requiring action with a timeframe for their completion
- Ongoing preventive equipment maintenance, including activities dictated by the equipment manufacturer to maintain equipment warranty and in the best interests of long-term equipment uptime and reliability.
- Creating and maintaining the preventive maintenance schedule, creating corrective maintenance work orders, making system updates, generating standard system reports, and closing completed work activity tickets in Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Maintain coverage on a 24/7 coverage of the control room
- Taking inventory of all assets including part ID and entering them into data base. Generator rounds that consist of fluid levels and running weekly.
- Rack deployment which consist of installing whips and scanning in all racks into a data base.
- Trouble shooting and assisting with electrical malfunctions in all locations.
- Support for all operations. Fire system rounds and PM's, Dry cooler rounds and PM's, Breaker change out's and upgrades.
- Diagnose malfunctioning equipment such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels, MCC circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Replace faulty electrical components.
- Maintains building lighting, parking lot lighting, lighting contactors, emergency lights/exit lights, and 120V outlets, photoelectric eyes for exterior bldg. lighting and lighting contactors that are controlled by the energy management system.
7 plus years' related experience and/or training. Must be 21 years old or older. Vocational, trades school, technical college or equivalent is required.Qualifications:
- 7 plus years' related experience in high uptime environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively before team members.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a valid driver's license. QEW certification and OSHA 10 or 20 Hour highly preferred.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Will be required to use ladders, boom lifts, scissor lifts, fork trucks and other equipment to accomplish the jobWork Environment:
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- Extreme cold and heat under certain circumstances and time of year are possible.
- The employee will work in an environment where the following safety equipment is needed: steel toecap shoes, hearing protection, hardhat or bumpcap, eye protection.
- Abide by all safety guidelines including OSHA regulations, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
- Work schedule can be affected by many other variables.
- Candidates should be flexible with non-customary schedules and weekend work.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but hearing protection is required in some areas of the plant or during some maintenance activities.