About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for Electricians to work out of our Columbia, SC office on a project in Thomasville, NC for 6+ months.
Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, wire ways, electrical fixtures, apparatus, wire pulling, terminate control equipment and install conduit.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
- Terminates panels utilizing LOTO
- Run cable tray, pulls wire and bend various types of conduit.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter's level.
- Erects framework for structures.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Works within precise standards of accuracy.
- Rates information using standards which can be measured or checked.
- Reviews and compares differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects.
- Follow directions, plans, and blueprints.
- Perform work from scaffolding, ladders or other structures.
- Perform work overhead, beneath structure, and from various other positions as required by working conditions.
- Detects, recognizes and responds to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.