Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed.
This position is for a Technical Specialist with deep technical knowledge of electrochemical rechargeable energy storage technology, fundamental electrochemistry, behavioral modeling, and battery management algorithms. Excellent opportunity to grow and contribute to General Motors next generation Electrification Strategy. Promotes GM's values and makes customer-focused decisions.
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements:
- Advanced Technology Work leading fundamental exploration, synthesis and design for novel Li ion materials and electrodes.
- Fundamental formulation for new and improved material systems; exposure to quantum level practice.
- Lead or work on advanced strategies for Li-Metal; Silicon; Cathode Active Materials (CAM); separator innovation; create new and novel solutions.
- Deep dive and resolve fundamental technical challenges for major cell components; anode, cathode, electrolyte; separator, binding systems, improve thermal stability; lithium-ion transport; side reactions; manufacturability.
- Work with cell technical specialists to problem solve and resolve fundamental electrochemical challenges.
- Work and collaborate within an all-new Battery Cell Innovation Center.
- Work with advanced controls engineering to optimize and deliver novel state algorithms.
- Write technical reports and release fundamental strategies for cell and algorithm design.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities to design, develop, test new rechargeable energy storage technologies and identify improvement opportunities through technical reviews.
- Work or lead projects which provide measurements and/or simulation for investigations.
- Participate as member or resource to global product development teams where expertise in new battery chemistry evaluation and modeling is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Electrochemistry with strong data analysis.
- Experimental strategies with chemical formulation, emphasis on electrode active materials, electrolyte and separator.
- Electrochemical modeling; exposure to material level quantum modeling and supporting experiments.
- COMSOL, Biovia, MINITAB, SAS, R, Material Design Studio, Battery Design Studio.
- Extensive experience in materials chemistry and electrochemistry.
- Strong hands-on knowledge with cathode and anode materials and processing for Lithium-Ion battery.
- Familiar with various material characterization techniques, such as SEM, XRD, PSD, BET, TGA, etc.
- Ability to work multi-task with cross-functional teams.
- Strong passion for startups and energy industry.
- Highly preferred Master or PhD Degree in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field.
- Proven and peer reviewed results; internal reports, publications, patent, conference proceedings, and/or citations.
- Proficiency in chemical handling and safe lab practices, experience with industrial workplace hazards and corresponding programs is a plus.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.