Saint Francis Hospital, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is seeking experienced Full-time EMTs to join our EMS Dover Division!
We are offering a very competitive sign on bonus for eligible candidates that meet our minimum requirements!
This person will be responsible for providing basic life support care for the critically ill or injured in the pre-hospital setting until the patient is relinquished to the accepting medical facility. Practices within the designated scope of practice as defined by the State of Delaware Board of Medical Practice, Licensure, and Discipline, Saint Francis Hospital, and the State of Delaware Basic Life Support Standing Orders.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in required continuing education.
- Communicates educational needs to the EMS Chief.
- Maintains all continuing education records.
- Completes all necessary patient care documentation.
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, other medical personnel, and equipment at the start of each shift.
- Acts as an EMS liaison communicates program goals and objectives
- Maintains awareness of current issues related to Emergency medical Services.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently and promptly;
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- State of Delaware EMT-B within 45 Days of Hire
- National Registry EMT-B within 45 Days of Hire
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR/AED required
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Valid Driver's License required
- State of Delaware Emergency Vehicle Operators License (Or the ability to obtain within 6 months)
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 (Or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- PHTLS (Or the ability to obtain within 1st year of employment)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage (effective 1st day of hire)
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.