Position at Franklin Energy
Sign-on Bonus $1,500
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times - to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry's top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization's integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization's most "precious resources" are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Energy Auditor I is responsible for providing services directly to small business tenants, building owners and other utility customers. You will provide expert advice and coordination for our programs while recommending specific modifications to electric and/or gas systems through exemplary customer service; you will also convince prospective clients of the improved efficiency that our services will bring. This role includes completing walk through energy efficiency assessments, the installation of energy efficiency equipment and products, and for deepening customer awareness of and participation in rebate programs and the Utility's energy efficiency program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers through the completion of scheduled energy assessments
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs
- Deliver professional, high quality services to utility customers
- Complete walk through energy assessments of properties that identify key natural gas and electric saving opportunities (all living space, basement, attic, and exterior perimeter of building)
- Install energy saving devices including energy efficiency lighting, programmable thermostats and hot water saving devices
- Clearly explain and articulate energy assessment findings to building owner including explanation of energy efficiency rebates
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment-i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with engineers as required
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
- Lead presentations promoting energy efficiency programs for targeted groups
- Perform direct installation of faucet aerators and LED lamps and other direct install measures in qualified customer facilities
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas - this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- One of the following:
- Residential building construction
- Heating and Air Conditioning System install, sales or service
- Other energy efficiency designations or certificates including:
- Advanced Home Energy Professional (HEP)
- Building Analyst
- Envelope Professional
- Residential Building Envelope Whole Hose Air Leakage Controller Installer
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pump
- Air sealing and building insulation experience
- Customer Interview & Sit Down - articulate findings and recommendations
- BPI Fundamentals or above is a requirement
- 1 - 2 years of experience in marketing, community organizing, or a related field - Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, interviewing and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.