We are looking for hardworking, passionate engineers to join our Validation team as an Engineering Specialist - Serial Communication Validation! This is a phenomenal jumping off point for developing your career with us at GM!
This role on our team is an excellent opportunity to use your skills to work on a variety of our Electric Vehicle (EV) portfolio.
Engineering Specialists are responsible for serial communication and diagnostics test procedure development, and test automation development for component level Serial Data Communication, Diagnostics, and Cybersecurity test procedures using CAPL.
Other Responsibilities Include:
Additional Job Description
- Develop and/or review Component Level Serial Communication and Diagnostics validation procedures for current and future Electrical Architecture
- Single point of contact to Advanced Architecture Group for providing validation input during serial communication and diagnostics design
- Evaluate Test Procedures to find opportunities for test automation development.
- Develop test automation for Serial Communication and/or Cybersecurity test procedures using CAPL
- Support Component Suppliers (Tier-1) for use of Test Automation tools. Conduct training for suppliers and resolve the testing issues
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3+years' experience in Electrical Validation, Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Experience in test automation development using CAPL, C++, C, Python
- Experience in working with serial communication protocols CAN, LIN, Ethernet
- Experience in Diagnostics (UDS, ISO14221, GMW3110)
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical Validation, Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Demonstrated ability to handle sophisticated problems and propose solutions
- Ability to conceptualize and think broadly
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship leadership skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
We believe work-life balance is crucial to a team member's success and job satisfaction. That is why this position allows some work flexibility and utilizes the Hybrid Work Appropriately Model to ensure our diverse team has good work-life balance!About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.