The work location for this exciting opportunity is flexible, and the selected candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. However, East Coast is preferred since work can involve early morning calls.
The Enterprise Data Solutions Architect is a specialist in Integration and Business Intelligence solutions. This architect is an experienced, HANDS ON technical leader who works in close collaboration with business stakeholders and fellow technologists to implement, maintain, and enhance warehouse, reporting, and operational data solutions.
The successful Enterprise Data Solutions Architect is a hands-on technologist possessing advanced SQL, BI, and integration skills, combined with a confident and poised leader who has the verbal, written and visual skills to communicate complex issues in business terms. The Enterprise Data Solutions Architect will work as part of the IT Enterprise Data team innovating and applying best practice techniques for developing, enhancing, and deploying database and integration solutions to support American Red Cross operations and analytics efforts. These solutions include our enterprise-wide constituent data integration (CDI) solution, which masters over 100 million constituents including blood donors, learners, financial supporters, volunteers, and clients, as well as critical line-of-service specific ecosystems.
The Enterprise Data Solutions Architect must have experience in enterprise scale EDW solutions, real-time as well as batch integration architecture and operations. He or she will serve as the principal Enterprise Data Solutions Architect leading data integration and business intelligence solution design and delivery across one or more of our key lines of service.
* Develop a practical line of service roadmap for our Power BI reporting and analytics platform.
* Define the overall BI data architecture, including ETL processes, ODS, EDW, data marts and data lakes.
* Guide projects to follow reference architectures, strategic technology stacks and standards and best practices. Develop plans to migrate non-standard solutions and manage exceptions.
* Recommend appropriate technologies to support the implementation of the BI roadmap including Microsoft PowerBI.
* Ensure that logical and physical data models support the analytic needs of the business.
* Provide BI technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective data reporting.
* Collaborate with data stewards in establishing and maintaining resilient, reusable standardized data patterns.
* Provide technical leadership regarding integration impact across business, information, application, technical and security architectures.
* Ensure reference architectures, technology stacks, standards and processes meet security and regulatory requirements.
* Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
* Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
* Develop guiding principles, reference architectures, technology landscapes, standards, best practices and roadmaps that support business priorities.
* Develop strategies for workflow, rules, integration management and governance.
* Participate in high-level project estimation, system design, modeling, and solution design reviews.
* Stay current on technologies, technology trends and directions, and best practices. Evaluate potential technologies for use within the enterprise.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field.
* 8+ years of experience in enterprise architecture, application integration architecture, software development, or engineering.
* Experience in the design and building of enterprise data warehouses.
* Excellent experience in developing and understanding of data modeling, SQL and ETL.
* Experience partnering with end users to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation.
* Ability to facilitate meetings and delegate responsibilities.
* Understanding of SaaS and off-premise integration architectures.
* Experience with enterprise workflow, rules and orchestration technologies.
* Experience maturing SDLC principles, processes and practices.
* Experience with Teradata, SQL Server, and Postgresql is desired.
* Experience with Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services is desired.
* Experience with AWS cloud services is desired
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visitwww.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights