An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Trinity Health Livonia is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain areas such as patient towers, public areas, exam rooms, offices, etc., the Environmental Aide's essential duties include:
- Cleaning all surfaces
- Disinfecting all surfaces
- Dusting all surfaces
- Replenishing all supplies
- Spot cleaning carpet and upholstery
- Cleaning up spills
- Changing linen and making beds
- Operating vacuum cleaning equipment
- Dust mopping and damp mopping floors, stairs, and landings
- Disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste k. Reporting needed equipment repair and all unsafe situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Walk and stand for approximately 90% of work time.
- Frequently squat, kneel, and lift; Occasionally bend and twist.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Lift, turn, push, pull, and position equipment; Ability to utilize safe body mechanics.
- Identifies safety risks, provides feedback and helps address safety issues.
- Actively follows safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an environment that is clean and conducive to patients, visitors, and co-workers' well-being and safety.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that contributes to a culture of trust, respect, and teamwork. Follows our Service Excellence Standards.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers (i.e. active listening, professionalism, appropriate tone of voice and language).
- Assists in the training of staff to perform Environmental Services duties.
- Participates in department and unit activities to improve quality and patient care.
- Demonstrates professionalism in dress and hygiene. Follows and adhere to the "fragrance free" policy.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of policy and procedures. Follows department's plans and scripts. Completes mandatory Healthstream virtual trainings in a timely manner.
- Assists in keeping corridors clear of clutter, equipment, furniture, etc. for safety and aesthetic purposes.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, colleagues, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Health. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Able to read and write English. Possesses basic math skills.
Experience: Three months customer service or cleaning experience preferred.BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO YOU AS A COLLEAGUE OF TRINITY
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability starts DAY ONE
- Nurse Residency Program for all new nurses! Click here for more details
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and contributions
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free parking in proximity to your workplace.
Click Here to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Trinity Health System.ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH LIVONIA HOSPITAL
We are a member of Trinity Health, a leading Catholic health care system based in Livonia, Michigan. Trinity Health operates in 22 states, employs about 133,000 colleagues and returns almost $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs.
Click Here to learn more about Trinity Health.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.