Join our team! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Come join our Jacksonville, FL First American Team as an Escrow Assistant! This role is typically found in a branch/office setting where the assistant is providing support to Escrow department by assisting with customer service and administrative duties related to escrow closings. May provide general support for a team, or partner with an escrow officer. Primarily focused on residential transactions.
- Performs a wide range of administrative duties to gather information and assist in the escrow process
- Duties may include: Opening orders, inputting closing statement information, preparing documents for closing and handling the complete disbursement and follow up of all escrow transactions
- Communicates requirements and other information to clients
- Interprets various agreements as they relate to closing and prepare all documents required for transactions
- Works on problems of moderately complex scope where action requires a review of a variety of factors
- Researches and obtains information for a wide range of complex data
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Follows department processes and procedures and may make recommendation to these processes
Supervision Received or Extended
- No responsibility for the supervision of others.
- Works under general supervision, acting on own initiative
- Uses expertise of more experienced level team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solutions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- Knowledge of company and/or client operating systems
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2+ years experience in an escrow related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.