Job ID: 320742
For more than 40 years, Graham Architectural Products, a CRH company, has been producing, delivering and standing behind the highest quality and most innovative commercial and architectural grade products and services in the fenestration industry.
Nature & Scope: The Estimating Manager is responsible for directing, mentoring, and otherwise developing the estimating team to provide timely, accurate, and competitive project proposals focused on maximizing EBITDA. This position will coordinate closely with field sales, all functional departments, and senior management in the interest of maintaining clearly defined margin requirements while achieving targeted sales volume levels.
Specific Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Act as liaison and main point of contact between Outside Sales and Estimating team
- Actively participate in bid strategy meetings with Outside Sales as necessary
- Review, log, and schedule requests for quotation (RFQ's)
- Actively maintain and adjust bid schedule as necessary due to priority shifts and bid date changes
- Facilitate regular meetings with Outside Sales and Estimating team to review schedule requirements and direct resources accordingly
- Review all proposals for accuracy and margin requirements; utilize Value Engineering strategies and adjust project prices as necessary to satisfy market conditions and maximize profitability
- Review projects for potential Value Engineering opportunities as project continues to develop beyond initial bid
- Maintain Microsoft Access database that contains all historic quote data
- Create and issue Contract documents as requested by Outside Sales
- Provide project pricing information to Accounting and Project Management departments as necessary
- Analyze as-engineered project costs in comparison to as-bid project costs to identify anomalies
- Participate in project closeout meetings to review go-forward cost capture strategies
- Provide accurate reporting to senior management as required.
- Perform all the tasks required to manage personnel in a functional department
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of V6 software
Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) - Soft Tech V6 experience is a must
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- 5-10 years' experience in the architectural window industry, preferably in an Estimating/Preconstruction or Project Management capacity. Window product knowledge and field application experience are highly preferred.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Graham Architectural Products, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Graham Architectural Products is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
York PA Nearest Secondary Market:
Lancaster Job Segment:
Engineer, Outside Sales, Manager, Field Sales, Database, Engineering, Sales, Management, Technology
This job has expired.