S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Estimator / Sales - Residential
The Estimator / Sales position will be responsible for estimating and selling residential contract work for apartment, condominium & multi-story projects. You will be projecting and controlling project costs as well as tracking and analyzing all project costs. The individual will be responsible for representing the company. This position will work closely with Project Managers, Designers, and general contractors.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete the estimate take-off, within time deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attend pre-bid or team meetings and understand the complete scope of work required.
- Accurately define project requirements.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for collection and distribution of all bid documents.
- Prepare project estimates by studying blueprints, specifications, scope of work, schedule, and any other materials requested by the customer, taking into account possible unforeseen events and inclement weather.
- Work with Branch Manager and Corporate Office to develop estimating spreadsheets and instruct Project Managers in the use of the spreadsheets as needed.
- Ensure smooth and timely project turnover from Estimating to Project Management.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare reports as needed and distribute to necessary personnel.
- Ensure all cost estimates submitted are as accurate as possible.
- Assist in determining resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned projects so that they are completed on time and on budget.
- Work with clients to brainstorm creative solutions to their problems and to ensure their needs are met through our customized solutions
- Provide liaison support to CEO/President, VP of Sprinkler Operations, Project Managers, and external client interface support.
- Assist field operations with estimate after bid award.
- Read and analyzing job cost reports taking appropriate action as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from the senior management team in timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 4+ years' experience estimating in Apartment / Condominium / Residential - Multi-Story Projects.
- A degree from an accredited college or university is a plus.
- An Ohio Sprinkler-Standpipe License is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of blueprint interpretation is required.
- Strong math skills are required.
- Knowledge of NFPA 13, 13D, 13R is required.
- Strong time management and detail orientation skills are required.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications is required.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities to perform this job successfully.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
This job has expired.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employee and management.
- Must prospect for sales.
- Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs.