About this Job
This Executive Assistant position offers a unique opportunity for a recent graduate to work directly with the Chairman of Elsevier and Director of Corporate Affairs, RELX. Working in the Chairman's office offers a unique window into the fast-paced information industry on a global scale. You will be an integral part of a dynamic, young team of Analysts, who also support the Chairman in his international engagements across 25+ countries a year. You will also have a chance to work with senior colleagues around the world, and in the process, will learn analytical thinking, communication, organization, and interpersonal transferable skills that are well suited to diverse range of career trajectories going forward.
We are looking for someone who is unafraid of a challenge and wants to propel their professional experience to the next level. The tasks of the Executive Assistant are myriad, and a successful candidate will display a keen attention to detail and the ability to effectively multitask and prioritize requests and inquiries. They must be open to working with people across cultures, and must also be an excellent team player. They must be always willing to go the extra mile to make sure they are on top of their projects big or small. A successful candidate possesses the right attitude and a positive mentality. They are very eager to learn and grow personally and professionally.
The Executive Assistant will perform a broad variety of administrative tasks including:
- Working with the analyst team to manage the Chairman's extremely active calendar of appointments
- Acting as the point person for tasks related to scheduling, rescheduling, and updating the calendar and contacts
- Arranging complex and detailed travel itineraries, including flights, hotels, ground transportation and visa applications for the chairman, who usually travels for about 300 days/year
- Sending flight combinations to the chairman, and always providing him with accurate details so he can make informed decisions
- Thinking creatively and proactively, especially in moments of emergency (e.g. flight delays, events cancellation)
- Completing expense reports in a timely manner
- Screening phone calls, mail, and visitors for Chairman as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently while exercising superb attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to discern and communicate with the highest level of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed, including on off-hours and weekends
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to handle pressure and multitask effectively while meeting deadlines
- Bachelor's degree required
- General interest in the business world, including the information and publishing industries
- Foreign language(s) are desirable but not required. In particular, Korean, Arabic, Russian, and Portuguese are preferred languages
- The best candidate must possess an open global mind-set
Standard workweek is 40 hours, Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, with a one-hour lunch break. Occasional additional work outside the regular workday is expected for evening and weekend as needed, particularly in case of emergency.
RELX is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120..
This job has expired.